6 volt Battery Bank

mark99

Featured Posts

bbjpeg_zps4d2253c3.jpeg

I'm no expert, but the 4 batteries bottom right look to be almost wired in approved Gibbo diagonal fashion - with one long link and two short links in series with 3 of the 4 batteries between the positive feed and the interconnector. All you need to do to correct this is to move the right hand end of the interconnector cable to the negative terminal of the bottom right battery, to put one long link and one short link in series with each. The wiring of the bottom left 4 looks to be rather more odd. Is it drawn correctly? Any reason why it isn't the same as the bottom right 4?

When I'm not on my phone I might try to work out a better layout.

ETA. Also, how do you charge the batteries. You have three banks (domestic, engine and generator). Are they charged by 1, 2 or 3 alternators?

Edited by David Mack

The image Daniel posted at http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=84122shows better how to wire up batteries to give double the voltage - in that case 12V to 24V, but the principle is the same. Yours are more like the second example in that thread.

nah nah na nah naa can't hear you. It's going back zactly as before. 10 years battery service. Sommat has to be right. (Ps thanks for trying tho!).

Edited by mark99