Nabru sofas - standard/soft

AdamG

Featured Posts

Hi

I would absolutely love to be able to buy these...

http://www.made.com/bari-snuggler-sofa-bed-malva-graphite

But they won't go through the door! I've asked if they can provide them part-assembled, but apparently not.

So, couple of questions...

I can go for this...

https://www.nabru.co.uk/product/holl+2+seat+double+sofa+bed?utm_expid=661452-46.w4DD_J94TZe0eWP5lUdrMA.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nabru.co.uk%2Fdouble-sofa-beds

or I can have my bow doors widened and go for the first link.

Does anyone have an idea of the cost of having the door aperture widened? This would not only be useful for purchasing sofa beds, but allow all kinds of other large items to be installed on board. Also, my bow doors and surrounds are solid and I quite like the idea of having the whole facade changed to glass.

Secondly, if the cost of widening the doors is prohibitive and I end up buying the Nabru sofa bed, does anyone have an opinion on the difference between Standard filling and Soft filling for the cushions?

Any advice much appreciated...

Kind Regards

Adam

Thanks Klanky. I think the cost of widening the doors will have to be postponed as I've just had an electrical inspection and, basically, everything needs ripping out and starting again! So, it's either Nabru or nothing for now...

I have a Nabru sofa, about a year old now. Went for standard seating but I'm thinking of getting the soft version as I'd like to wear it in a bit! Still as new despite daily use (apart from the corners being ripped by the cats but I can always order new covers for them to ruin)

Sounds good She25. Must admit, I do like to sink into a sofa, so maybe the soft version would suit me better.

I've had swatches of the cover materials sent through - which did you go for and are you happy with it?

I went for oatmeal (I think) - a canvassy type material. I'd have preferred one of the chenille types but with two cats I needed something that wouldn't hold onto all the fur.

I've since enquired and it's £32 for me to get the soft webbing type so going to order that as a change.

I went for 2x medium seats with narrow arms - maximising sitting space but also able to sit on the arm or use it as a pillow occasionally!

I went for oatmeal (I think) - a canvassy type material. I'd have preferred one of the chenille types but with two cats I needed something that wouldn't hold onto all the fur.

I've since enquired and it's £32 for me to get the soft webbing type so going to order that as a change.

I went for 2x medium seats with narrow arms - maximising sitting space but also able to sit on the arm or use it as a pillow occasionally!

Nice! As I will be putting people up occasionally, I'm thinking of going for a small double sofa bed and a single narrow armchair...

I am going to go for a Nabru sofa as well for my boat. It seems reading this forum that lots of people have them and are very happy with them. I just got samples sent to me and due to 3 cats will have to go for texture that isn't too bad with fur sticking to.

I would be interested to see what you think of the narrow armchair if you do go a head with getting one Adam. I don't need mine until August, so don't need to make final decisions just yet.

I am going to go for a Nabru sofa as well for my boat. It seems reading this forum that lots of people have them and are very happy with them. I just got samples sent to me and due to 3 cats will have to go for texture that isn't too bad with fur sticking to.

I would be interested to see what you think of the narrow armchair if you do go a head with getting one Adam. I don't need mine until August, so don't need to make final decisions just yet.

Hi Sally,

Having no cat (for now, anyway!), my favourite of the samples for texture, appearance and not-feeling-too-thin is the Jubilee fabric. Can't decide between the Sand or the Olive - difficult to tell with such a small fabric sample how it will look in 'real life'. I'm going for the Orb narrow armchair and the Holl 2-seat sofa bed. The narrower armchair (as opposed to the Arc) should allow for more space generally without being uncomfortably narrow.

Will let you know how I get on...

Kind Regs

Adam

The Nabru as a sofabed is nowhere near as comfy as the sofa. Had both standard and soft, the latter better when new until the (superb quality) foam wears in. Thereafter, the standard is better for me as soft but supportive ... no good for the old back when you end up sitting like Alien. (typo'd Alan then everyone would of asked me who Alan is!