Swivel Seat mounts

Badger

Featured Posts

I want to fit a couple of seats to the stern rail on my cruiser stern narrowboat. The stern rail is box section steel 40x80mm. I have found a couple of possible seats on ebay. Searching the net I have found plenty of American sites with seat swivels that come with another plate that the swivel clips in and out of. therefore I can take the seat off instantly. Anybody know where I might find these in the UK please ?.

Badger

With holes drilled through the taffrail the size of bicycle seat tubes, bicycle saddles with seat tubes inserted into the holes will swivel in the holes and be instantly removable and comfy. You could riddle the rail with holes and have countless alternative seat positions.

With holes drilled through the taffrail the size of bicycle seat tubes, bicycle saddles with seat tubes inserted into the holes will swivel in the holes and be instantly removable and comfy. You could riddle the rail with holes and have countless alternative seat positions.

Better still, fit appropriately sized skin fittings in the holes to protect steel edges and provide a better bearing surface for the tubes.

Better still, fit appropriately sized skin fittings in the holes to protect steel edges and provide a better bearing surface for the tubes.

Yes, elaboratations are endless for such things. Even a yacht centre mainsheet traveler horse with a seat mounted upon it could be improvised along with a couple of cam cleats, this would allow one to slide from side to side on the seat by gentle tugs on a couple of ropes, and would save drilling lots of holes.

Yes, elaboratations are endless for such things. Even a yacht centre mainsheet traveler horse with a seat mounted upon it could be improvised along with a couple of cam cleats, this would allow one to slide from side to side on the seat by gentle tugs on a couple of ropes, and would save drilling lots of holes.

The world is full of exciting prospects.