Waiting for the crane!

Featured Posts

maff, I wasn't conceived in 1963........... 1963 comes before 1965 If my  maths are correct? (see Im not dumb folks! ) lol

anyway , no I can't recall it sorry.......so memorable too, you'd have though I would, wouldn't you :)

Ah,, your all too old! 1975 for me!! An important birthday for me this year too! :)

:)

You are as old as you feel, and I feel like a twenty five year old.

I would however have to ask her not to run so fast so that I could catch her. :)

"sexist, politically incorrect, insulting and probably should be in the joke forum"

:)

You are as old as you feel, and I feel like a twenty five year old.

I would however have to ask her not to run so fast so that I could catch her. :)

"sexist, politically incorrect, insulting  and probably should be in the joke forum"

sexist, (not really)

politically incorrect, (who cares)

insulting, (to who)

probably should be in the joke forum, (it wasn't that funny) :):):(

I may be he resents being out there, and is only putting up with it for monies sake(ie a boat)....if so I can relate to that....I put up with a "situation" for two or more years before I got this boat and afterwards I fell in a black hole.... (catatonic) almost...... its ok juggling tonnes of things to get to where you want to be, but you pay a hefty price for it, I did/still am.

Enough with the couch Doc Im off:)

he he he

To stay on subject I will mention a crane.

Wynd lass

After 26 years of juggling and chasing moving goalposts, I fell into that hole about two years ago and still trying to find the way out. I can see light so must be getting "there". "There" is my own boat with my wife.

Don't forget about the poor bloody boat builders and all the stress the customers give them!

I could tell some real stories!

Heres one to begin with,

Phone rings Sunday at 4pm a potential customer wants to look at a boat immediately he will be with us by 6pm hes already been to 5 other builders to day and can't find what he wants. Thoughts of no Sunday dinner are eased by thoughts of a potential sale. 6pm comes and goes 6.30pm I hear a strange noise in the car park on investigating I find a yellow Reliant van like the one driven by Del Boy in only Fools and Horses. A chap climbs out of the thing dressed like some kind of country and western singer, cowboy boots and stetson, I now had an awful feeling in my stomach and it was soon to be realised when he introduced himself as my potential customer. He went on to explain he had just been awarded a considerable amount of compensation for an industrial injury, the substantial bit awakened the sales man in me. So I ventured to ask what he was in the market for guess what? A 30' live aboard narrowboat and the substantial compensation amounted to 12grand and that was is total budget!

He then went on to tell me some of the people he had seen to day had been rude to him when he'd told them what he required.

Not wanting to do the same I thought I would sit him down with a cup of coffee and let him down gently.

3 hours numerous cups of coffee and now fully educated on the finer points of Country and Western music plus the history of the Reliant Regal Super Van III

he left to explore the word of second hand plastic boats and I went to the pub to get drunk!

And you lot think your hard done to.

Gary :)

:)Gary I know where you're coming from.....I've bee a l

Landlady in Blackpool....(tell me about it! and I CERTAINLY could write a book~~~~phew!)

But full marks for patience there.....you never know, though, that bloke obviously had a "dream" of owning his own boat, and one day he may just be back to you, or even better, recommend you for being nice and helpful, when all the others shot him down.....

If your anything like us(re businesses) yes we earned a pot load in Blackpool, BUT, I'd be a liar if I said it was easy.....its 24-7(7 days a week for 6 months) ......and your never away from the place. You earn every penny!