Should marina moorers need licences?

Delta9

Featured Posts

It's quite simple, the boat will be forced to leave the marina. Forced from a body of water that didn't require the boat have a licence to one where it did. Demanding money through menace.

Is it not menacing of two businesses to form an alliance, where they are in an agreement to extract money from their customers; money that neither could claim is due under the law governing licence requirement.

If the contract signed by the marina dweller has it as a condition that the boat has to have a CaRT licence, then there is no "menace". If a marina wanted to it could insist quite legitimately that all boats have to be painted pink if they want to moor there, as long as it in the contract.

This is just another case of the usual suspects using this forum to have a go at CaRT.

• Greenie 1

Under the T & C's of your marina you do. Why did you agree to them?

I can tell you that those terms and conditions did not include reference to the licence some short time ago when I started to moor here.

If the contract signed by the marina dweller has it as a condition that the boat has to have a CaRT licence, then there is no "menace". If a marina wanted to it could insist quite legitimately that all boats have to be painted pink if they want to moor there, as long as it in the contract.

This is just another case of the usual suspects using this forum to have a go at CaRT.

If I may say so - rubbish.

I can tell you that those terms and conditions did not include reference to the licence some short time ago when I started to moor here.

If I may say so - rubbish.

Do you still moor at Mercia?

That's exactly where you're coming from.

Laughable..

So have you signed up to T & C's that include the fact that you require a licence? If so why, if you disagree with it? I don't sign T & C's that i don't agree with.

So have you signed up to T & C's that include the fact that you require a licence? If so why, if you disagree with it? I don't sign T & C's that i don't agree with.

I've just told you, that initial T&C contained no reference to the licence.

That didn't answer my question.

So?

I'm not legally required to have one, I'm moored in a marina.

Well if you are so sure just don't renew and fight it out with CRT.

So?

Well because if you had answered it I would have been able to clarify what was in the agreement you signed, regarding your licence requirement.

I've just told you, that initial T&C contained no reference to the licence.

So?

I'll try again have you now signed T & C's that require you to have a licence? I am not bothered what the initial T & Cs may or may not have have said but if you haven't signed to such T & C's you don't need the licence, if you have you do, simples really.

I'll try again have you now signed T & C's that require you to have a licence? I am not bothered what the initial T & Cs may or may not have have said but if you haven't signed to such T & C's you don't need the licence, if you have you do, simples really.

That is why he is being evasive about answering my earlier question. If he still moors at Mercia than the answer is yes, unless he signed one different to me and probably everyone else too.

Even if the initial T&C had contained a reference to the licence, I would have signed it. At that point I didn't think anything of it. Of course now, I've made all kinds of commitments, including the investment of a boat. But, I still think your point is irrelevant.

Even if the initial T&C had contained a reference to the licence, I would have signed it. At that point I didn't think anything of it. Of course now, I've made all kinds of commitments, including the investment of a boat. But, I still think your point is irrelevant.

It is hardly 'irrelevant' that you have signed a contract with T & C's requiring you to have a licence that you now no longer agree with. Unless the marina owner has impounded your boat in some way you are quite free to move it to another marina where licences aren't required. I assume that the marina you are moored in is convenient for your purposes, so you either pay for this convenience or move. Your argument isn't with CRT it is with the person who you signed a contract with. Get them to fight this 'unfairness' since it is them that have the contract with CRT, somehow I don't think that they will because quite frankly I don't supposed that they are bothered.

It is a bit like any other contract law, car hire purchase,phone contracts etc, if you don't like the conditions don't sign, it is too late once you have signed to complain of how unfair it all is.

It is hardly 'irrelevant' that you have signed a contract with T & C's requiring you to have a licence that you now no longer agree with. Unless the marina owner has impounded your boat in some way you are quite free to move it to another marina where licences aren't required. I assume that the marina you are moored in is convenient for your purposes, so you either pay for this convenience or move. Your argument isn't with CRT it is with the person who you signed a contract with. Get them to fight this 'unfairness' since it is them that have the contract with CRT, somehow I don't think that they will because quite frankly I don't supposed that they are bothered.

It is a bit like any other contract law, car hire purchase,phone contracts etc, if you don't like the conditions don't sign, it is too late once you have signed to complain of how unfair it all is.

I make choices based on the options open to me. I still have to make choices that include disagreeable options. I can also choose to come to the conclusions I have. Pro and cons. I am dealing with the disagreeable by discussion, and you don't have to point out the various altitudes or contrary opinions. It's all expected.

It wouldn't be CRT that I would be fighting it out with it would be the marina owners. Haven't you read the thread?

So what, fight it out with them then.

Post back with the outcome.

So what, fight it out with them then.

Post back with the outcome.

Keep up dog. They are forced into requiring me to have a licence by CRT, there is no point in fighting them as they would have to kick me out. There is no choice but to give in to CRT's unfair demands, they have a monopoly. Marinas that don't require licences are few and far between and all of the ones within commuting distance of my job are full.

Edited by Delta9

Keep up dog. They are forced into requiring me to have a licence by CRT, there is no point in fighting them as they would have to kick me out. There is no choice but to give in to CRT's unfair demands, they have a monopoly. Marinas that don't require licences are few and far between and all of the ones within commuting distance of my job are full.

Ta dah..........

Finally.

I make choices based on the options open to me. I still have to make choices that include disagreeable options. I can also choose to come to the conclusions I have. Pro and cons. I am dealing with the disagreeable by discussion, and you don't have to point out the various altitudes or contrary opinions. It's all expected.

Bit thrown on that one, you want to '...deal with the disagreeable by discussion...' but you don't want anyone to '...point out various attitudes or contrary opinions...', so how is that a discussion?

As far as I can see it the options are pretty straightforward, moor in a marina that doesn't require a licence or moor in one that does, but why then complain about the T & C's? Ultimately your only possible argument has to be with the marina owner since even if you didn't get a licence CRT can't throw you out of the marina, the marina owner is the only one who can for breaching your T & C's.

Oh yes there is!

Buy a house or caravan.