Taylor's heater mounting board

Featured Posts

A few years ago now, I had a plinth and backboards installed for a conventional dual-fuel stove - Villager Chelsea Duo. It was done by/@ Braunston and they used Masterboard for the backboards. You might have to search around a bit from

https://www.promat.co.uk/en/products/masterboard to find the available sizes but it seems to look and act pretty much like ply in terms of cutting and drilling. I did a bit of research and ended up with adhesive and ceramic tiles suitable for being close to a source of heat.

I'm not sure, however, whether Masterboard would be suitable for your situation - see specifications/applications. I presume you are looking for something to mount on top of the T&G on which to mount the Taylors. In the picture it seems to be mounted on a timber backboard - ??really!

The back of a Taylor's stove is surprisingly cool - it has an integral insulation panel and then is spaced off the mounting surface by a 1/2" air gap.

We have mounted all of ours on tiles that have been directly bonded to ply.

I have seen them mounted directly on to timber bulkheads, with no evidence of scorching, but personally I would like something a little more fire proof!

Chris G

The back of a Taylor's stove is surprisingly cool - it has an integral insulation panel and then is spaced off the mounting surface by a 1/2" air gap.

We have mounted all of ours on tiles that have been directly bonded to ply.

I have seen them mounted directly on to timber bulkheads, with no evidence of scorching, but personally I would like something a little more fire proof!

Chris G

There is no insulated mounting plate on mine - I see one is listed in the manual but it doesn't appear to be available as a part.

There is no insulated mounting plate on mine - I see one is listed in the manual but it doesn't appear to be available as a part.

On the ones I have had, the rear plate has been a double skinned stainless assembly, with either a large air gap or some insulating material between the skins.

Edited to add ... In the Taylor's parts list, Part 31, the insulated mounting plate, is the bit I am referring to and comes as part of the heater.

Chris G

Edited by Batavia