It Lives! 1957 Rayburn Royal...

spaceyaface

Featured Posts

It's too hot.....we seem to be cruising at about 400f.....let's see how we get on.

well close the bottom up then richard and it will cool down unless you are cooking then you are going to have to strip lol

Thanks for advice re-enamelling I'll study and see if I think I can manage.

Cheers

Pat

for the top of richards it was well worth the effort it looks good and can be redone with minimum effort

Hi Peter

Well the first thing don't regret putting a Rayburn on our boat at all.

Cleaner than having a normal log multifuel stove.

Easy to remove the ash.

Ours heats the kitchen up on its own, plus heats the rads, a double in bathroom double in wheel house 2 doubles in lounge and a double in bedroom using 22 mm pipe work and gravity fed.

I did buy and have a circulating pump fitted in case needed, but took off. Forum helped with this.

Had and still have air problems with the system but it works, rads are very very hot albeit only the middle and top half?.

We have our boat warm as in very warm top vent 2/3 during day with the bottom vent wheel just a crack open.

At night we top vent 5/6 and open up the bottom vent so you could slide I penny widths in.

Overnight more or less shut the bottom vent and top vent between 1/2

Morning, Riddle the grate, remove the ash, open up the bottom vent and open up the top vent to 4/5 just to get the whole thing heating again.

Rayburn hasn't been out for weeks!!!

Coal usage I'm buying 10kg bags and go through 5 a week, so £20 per week.

It hasn't been that cold so not cheap,

I could buy the cheaper blaze coal at 5x25 kg for £40 from grove lock which would bring the running costs down.But can't lift the weight.

Is it worth it?

the whole boat is always dry and warm, too hot so times as we open the windows but that's turning the Rayburn down a bit.

Winter might arrive, and we might be using more, but it's a large space, and it's warm everywhere lol cos it's worth it.

yes mine is a large space as well and it is warm which is what i wanted when i installed it so for us 3 it has been a exactly what we wanted

Peter.....we're not all as progressive as you, I'll turn Rayburn Parker jnr down. Hey he ain't afraid of no roasts....who ya going to call. Coldbusters....i have more puns available upon request. As stated you have massive roast in the bag, thanks so much for your help...you rock.

What's the day rate again?

Peter.....we're not all as progressive as you, I'll turn Rayburn Parker jnr down. Hey he ain't afraid of no roasts....who ya going to call. Coldbusters....i have more puns available upon request. As stated you have massive roast in the bag, thanks so much for your help...you rock.

What's the day rate again?

meat and tattie pie mmmmmcloud9.gif peter by name rock by nature see you both soon

....you can have anything you request....do you not want something a little grander...? Lobster, rib beef, goat, rabbit, snails, swan, duck/swan, unicorn, horse....etc....

Say horse....please...

Vegan boat here btw.

i will ask the better half, horse is fine by me but jayne did own 2 of them so might not be thrilled so it looks like it might be veggie meat and tattie pie

Looking forward to making beef jerky, spiced in the warming oven...that's when I can get it....Simon's moved into the warming oven btw....I found his pillow and jemima in it this morning. Every boat needs a handsome cabin boy....nearly as much as a Rayburn I say!

...and I may have found you one. If you contact Barry Charman at Tradcookers, he reckons that he has one which has been re-enamelled. E-mail is barry@tradcookers.com, mobile phone is 07860 676793. We have done biz with him, good bloke. He will need to know which model you have. Tell him Mike sent you!

Hi Mike

Just to let you know that Barry rang me back, confirmed as you said.

he said he was going to send me a pic, as there are 2 different sizes of the large lid.i found this out

19 or 21inch wide.

Anyway I've sent him the pic of my lid, but he say it's for the Royal so brilliant.

Hopefully he will come back to me re price and payment details

Thanks for looking out for me

Col

Hi Mike

Just to let you know that Barry rang me back, confirmed as you said.

he said he was going to send me a pic, as there are 2 different sizes of the large lid.i found this out

19 or 21inch wide.

Anyway I've sent him the pic of my lid, but he say it's for the Royal so brilliant.

Hopefully he will come back to me re price and payment details

Thanks for looking out for me

Col

My pleasure. Hope it's the right size!