Featured Posts

Hello, i've recently bought a boat which has very flimsy draughty stern door. The stern door is our main entrance and is currently a stable style to one side (starboard). We are conscious about boat safety having been broken into before so are considering getting a steel door made as a replacement in the same stable style way.

What is the best way of getting this done?

Would it be a whole lot easier (and cheaper?) to ask a local carpenter to come and make us a solid oak door and frame? Does anyone have any local contacts around Oxfordshire?

sorry i'm quite new to this, only having rented boats before!

Thanks very much, Claire

Hello, i've recently bought a boat which has very flimsy draughty stern door. The stern door is our main entrance and is currently a stable style to one side (starboard). We are conscious about boat safety having been broken into before so are considering getting a steel door made as a replacement in the same stable style way.

What is the best way of getting this done?

Would it be a whole lot easier (and cheaper?) to ask a local carpenter to come and make us a solid oak door and frame? Does anyone have any local contacts around Oxfordshire?

sorry i'm quite new to this, only having rented boats before!

Thanks very much, Claire

You might try Kedian Engineering.

I have heard reports that they do good work but I have no direct personal experience (or involvement!)

http://www.kedianengineering.co.uk/

Martin made our rear doors after I initially had some made and fitted by a so called welder. He made a fantastic job and was very quick. I cannot praise him enough after my first encounter was an absolute nightmare.I would definitely recommend him.