Liveaboards and the curse of visitors

CDS

Featured Posts

See, you haven't got any real byelaws to stop visitors overstaying. You can tell them that they've stayed long enough, but they often respond, "you haven't any powers to ask me to move on" or "I've moved from the lounge to the bedroom, that's a different place" or "my shoes have broken, I'm waiting for a cobbler". You can try and kick them out, but they'll take you to court, which will be expensive.

See, you haven't got any real byelaws to stop visitors overstaying. You can tell them that they've stayed long enough, but they often respond, "you haven't any powers to ask me to move on" or "I've moved from the lounge to the bedroom, that's a different place" or "my shoes have broken, I'm waiting for a cobbler". You can try and kick them out, but they'll take you to court, which will be expensive.

This is so unfair. I desperately need to award a greenie, and I can't!

This is ringing bells, or rather Foxy was on Christmas day, but that's another story.

I moved from the bedroom to the kitchen while on Foxy's boat. Being a kind host, he gave me the bed at first while he used a sleeping bag on the kitchen floor, but when his girlfriend arrived the arrangement had to be reversed. In some ways I think I got an upgrade, as the sleeping bag with the dinette cushions underneath was very comfy.

My boots were broken, or rather generally starting to fall apart, and leaking at the heels, problematic in Hebden Bridge last week. Cobblers don't attend to repair shoes, even when my mother's father was one between the wars his service only extended to sending her to a customer's house to return the footwear, and maybe sometimes to collect it. Even then cobblers had given up making new shoes and only did repairs, and now they do less of those because it's steadily becoming cheaper to buy a new pair; I bought new walking boots yesterday.