CRT and addresses

StephenA

Featured Posts

Can anyone confirm if CRT are capable of handling the following situation:

Boat is licensed at one address and paid from one account

Moorings are paid from a different account at a different address.

CRT recently took over the moorings we're on and although Tom's moorings had my address CRT sent the paperwork to my brothers address (where the boat is registered). I filled in all the paperwork and the DD mandate and put my address on it.

DD mandate failed - CRT sent a letter to that effect to my brother and NOT to me. They claim the only address they have on the system is my brothers (despite me giving them my address)..

It did take them nearly 3 months to actually get this far.... how can any charity be allowed to be so incompetent?

Edited by StephenA

Can anyone confirm if CRT are capable of handling the following situation:

Boat is licensed at one address and paid from one account

Moorings are paid from a different account at a different address.

CRT recently took over the moorings we're on and although Tom's moorings had my address CRT sent the paperwork to my brothers address (where the boat is registered). I filled in all the paperwork and the DD mandate and put my address on it.

DD mandate failed - CRT sent a letter to that effect to my brother and NOT to me. They claim the only address they have on the system is my brothers (despite me giving them my address)..

It did take them nearly 3 months to actually get this far.... how can any charity be allowed to be so incompetent?

I suspect as with shared ownership they will only deal with one person who is the one that registered the boat.

I think, but don't know that they will struggle to deal with a different person licensing the boat and paying moorings.

My rationale is that everything in their systems seems to drive from a customer number rather than a boat index number.

I know a customer number may multiple boats linked to it, but I rather doubt a boat can have multiple customer numbers linked to it.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

It wasn't complicated when we were with Tom's Moorings.... one person dealt with the mooring fees and the other paid the licence fee, insurance etc. Seems a perfectly sensible way of splitting the cost of keeping a boat on the canal.

As their mooring form needs a lot of the information that they've already got for the boat registration (name, licence number, length etc) - that would imply that their systems aren't linked together.

As for email - they wrote (snail mail) to my brother and got their own email wrong, so my brother guessed what it was and it then took them more than a week to respond.

It wasn't complicated when we were with Tom's Moorings.... one person dealt with the mooring fees and the other paid the licence fee, insurance etc. Seems a perfectly sensible way of splitting the cost of keeping a boat on the canal.

As their mooring form needs a lot of the information that they've already got for the boat registration (name, licence number, length etc) - that would imply that their systems aren't linked together.

As for email - they wrote (snail mail) to my brother and got their own email wrong, so my brother guessed what it was and it then took them more than a week to respond.

I think the only way around this is to register the boat in your name and let your brother pay for the moorings, As said before CRT only deal with the registered owner, which in this case is your brother.