Gold license prices 2016 ???

John V

Featured Posts

Just a couple of queries for those who are used to the Gold licencing...

I currently have a CRT Canal and River licence and am considering getting a Gold licence for 2016.

As far as I can see, there is no requirement for a boat with a Gold licence to have a home mooring. Is that correct and if so, I presume it will be licenced as a continuous cruiser as far as CRT are concerned and required to be used bona fide, etc when on CRT water?

Are there any administrative pitfalls/bear traps awaiting me if instead of straightforwardly renewing my CRT licence I want to get a Gold licence instead?

Conveniently, my current CRT licence expires end 12/2015.

Hi,

I'm a gold licence CC'er and the terms and conditions are the same as for the normal CRT licence. Obviously local rules apply on the none CRT waters.

The only admin pitfall is that you there is no refund system for cancelling a gold licence partway though the year.

Hi,

I'm a gold licence CC'er and the terms and conditions are the same as for the normal CRT licence. Obviously local rules apply on the none CRT waters.

The only admin pitfall is that you there is no refund system for cancelling a gold licence partway though the year.

That's because it's a joint scheme between CaRT and EA, and EA doesn't 'do' refunds....

I'm going to get castigated as a paid-up member of the grammar and spelling Gestapo, but why are matters to to with licensing so often misspelt? It is really simple:

You buy a licence. Your boat is then licensed.

Just as you get some practice under your belt, by practising.

Or you seek advice - and somebody advises you.

It's all perfectly logical!

.[quote name="Machpoint005" post="1687603" timestamp="1446907666)

...but why are matters to to with licensing...

Nothing wrong with your grammar or spelling, BUT perhaps a proof read would prevent the error in your post.

Just saying ?

Edited by Doug_

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a gold licence since 2012, transferring from a standard BW/C&RT licence.

As far as i can see on the form, you either have to declare your home mooring and waterway, or tick the CC box.

Payment has been by post thus far, but it all seems to work fine.

Just to say that I got an email this morning inviting me to renew my Gold licence. I registered online, and then paid using the existing DD form. All seemed to work very smoothly!

I will wait to see if the licence plates arrive in the post (I am promised some documents by post) or if I need to print them out myself. [ETA: just had an email saying that they will come by post].

Either way I will put them through my laminator.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

Just bought my Gold license (on the phone) I wondered if I would have problems as my last license ran out couple of years ago, but no. Plain sailing. Oddly was not asked where my mooring was just which waterway I was presently on (Thames Estuary).

All very smooth and easy (apart from the pain of having to part with a lump of dosh)