A noisy noise annoys.

The Ents

Featured Posts

Thanks for that Bizzard. The injector clamps are tight and the lift pump plunger and cam are good.

I had not thought of the alternator, it is indeed camshaft driven. I will whip the belt off and give it a whirl.

Thanks,

Mike.

And I'll checkthe mounting bolts as well.

Thanks.

Mike.

The three Injector PUMP clamps as well.

Hi all,

Ran the motor today with the alty belt off and checked the mourning bolts, the noise is still there.

I had another listen inside the pump door.the front and rear injector pumps make a completely regular consistent beat, althou"gh one is louder than the other. The centre pump however does

Have an intermittent but rhythmical noise alongside the normal noise.

By that I mean it may go ta ta ta alongside and in time with the normal noise then go back to the normal noise again.

Is this any help?

Mike.

Do the other ones go Bom and Ooo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZl4bhOTAA

Richard

I wonder if the centre injector is messing about?

Centre injector or pump?

I don't know diesels. How can I tell if it is messing about?

I have listened again this afto (I am driving the wife mad, she thinks I'm barmy) and I am now sure the noise is from the centre cylinder pump and OK the injector, although I have not listened to the injector itself.

What tests can I carry out?

Mike.

Well, first off, try listening to the injector itself. Running with the rocker covers off is ok, try not to mix the covers up or you will have to redo the decompressor adjustment

Use your magic listening stick and see if you can hear what the injector is doing

Richard

And you are indeed barmy - you own a boat

Well, first off, try listening to the injector itself. Running with the rocker covers off is ok, try not to mix the covers up or you will have to redo the decompressor adjustment

Use your magic listening stick and see if you can hear what the injector is doing

Richard

And you are indeed barmy - you own a boat

OK. Listened to the injector, no spurious noises, however the injector pump on the Middle cylinder does seem to be making the odd intermittent noise.

I have tried to record it and you cannot really distinguish the noise from all the odd banging knocking and general cacophony that emanates from an sr3.o

It maybe that I am expecting too much, but a sixth sense tells me there is a problem on the horizon, we shall see!

P

Thank all for your ears, I have learnt quite a bit about the iron lump that is in Balthazar's engine 'ole, a worthwhile experience.

Oh, by the way, I didn't get the utube of the comedians doing Bum ooh ya ta ta ta because my download speed was so slow. We all of course remember the two Ronnies with great enthusiasm.

Until it gets worse......

Mike.