Now somebody actually has fallen from Marple aqueduct, unfortunately.

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Yes, good idea - for the next BSS all boats to be fitted with a fence round the back, and a garden gate on each side - this is to prevent you falling off your boat.

It's pointless arguing - it's for your own good.

Also fireguards must be placed around lit stoves to prevent you from burning yourself on them.

There must be one scarf for each member of the crew to prevent catching chills and a nasty cough.

If someone fell off their boat on the Marple Aquaduct the chances are they would not fall off the edge.

As for self harmer's/suicide intent, it would be easyier to climb a 2.5ft wall and raise a leg than to out themselves through the canal water to get to a non walled/railed side.

The railings will be up soon anyway, no matter what.

Ok, armour and tin hat on. For the ? time we don't know how it happened, but does look, so far, that may well be a Darwin. Very sorry for the parents, but it's impossible to make anything foolproof, fools are too ingenious.

Bob

Really?, how have you come to that decision.?

Ok, armour and tin hat on. For the ? time we don't know how it happened, but does look, so far, that may well be a Darwin. Very sorry for the parents, but it's impossible to make anything foolproof, fools are too ingenious.

Bob

Do you have a further source relating to this incident, then?

I've not even seen anything that reports which side they fell from.

Have you?

In fact I've seen nothing at all that gives any clues, other than that he fell. I would be intrigued where you are getting any more than that from.

Bob

I am not jumping on a BandWagon with MJG's Post, but i think its best not to make assumption's of how someone fell to their near death while they are still fighting for their life and his family has a lot of Un-Answered question's ahead of them.

After all its been said before for his family it does not matter how he fell at the moment all they want is their 'Son' back, i think a couple of people questioned why it did not matter but i think people did not see it from the family's point of view rather than the boater's point of view. sick.gif

Edited by grumpy146

No danger to silly walkers at Pontcysyllte, and no temptation to "daredevils" to jump across the navigation -- there is no walkway at all on the offside.

Unlike Marple.

Oh there is. Its about 2 inches wide!

Alan - you can use Google to search a single site, like CWDF. In any Google search box type "site:canalworld.net search term(s)". Make sure there is no space after "site:" and that there is a space between site:canalworld.net and your search term(s).

Or use the Advanced Search Facility - the gearwheel to the right of the search box, and tick the box for "Display Results as Posts", and I find it works just fine.

Paul - Can you make "Display Results as Posts" the default option, to save me ticking it every time?

Really?, how have you come to that decision.?

Simply that there appears to be fencing to try and stop people from getting to the offside. Unless someone is fooling around near a dangerous precipice it's unlikely they'll fall.

Do you have a further source relating to this incident, then?

I've not even seen anything that reports which side they fell from.

Have you?

In fact I've seen nothing at all that gives any clues, other than that he fell. I would be intrigued where you are getting any more than that from.

No.

I am not jumping on a BandWagon with MJG's Post, but i think its best not to make assumption's of how someone fell to their near death while they are still fighting for their life and his family has a lot of Un-Answered question's ahead of them.

After all its been said before for his family it does not matter how he fell at the moment all they want is their 'Son' back, i think a couple of people questioned why it did not matter but i think people did not see it from the family's point of view rather than the boater's point of view. sick.gif

I agree, it's just as I replied above to MJG. I'm sure the family are devastated, but there have been plenty of examples of "safety" equipment being installed because someone did something silly stupid and got hurt.