earls barton, new marina in northampton, about time

Paganboat

Featured Posts

Hi,

Does anyone know any new info? Sounds exciting although it will have to have something good to be better value than billing. Went down there last week and still early stages, about time there was a marina to rival billing aquadrome on the northampton stretch, keep them on their toes.

Interesting that they say cruisers welcome, show pictures of sea going cruisers on the website and yet when you look at the plan of the marina there is no cruiser moorings provided!

Good trek from there to Wisbech! Air draft needs to be less than 2m as Islip pipe bridge is often a show stopper. Most sea going craft on the Nene are at PYC and PCC down at Peterborough.

I'd guess they will get more narrowboats than anything else, sadly, its the way our river is going these days.

Edited by gazza

Good trek from there to Wisbech! Air draft needs to be less than 2m as Islip pipe bridge is often a show stopper. Most sea going craft on the Nene are at PYC and PCC down at Peterborough.

I'd guess they will get more narrowboats than anything else, sadly, its the way our river is going these days.

So why the picture of the Jeanneau which quite clearly wont be able to use the marina if air draft is that limited? frusty.gif

2500 for a full length mooring I believe. The development Looks nice on paper!

Its non residentiall though, I think Beckett's park and blackthorn marina are both resi at similar money.

Chop! On here is a berth holder (X2!) at blackthorn, he would know the status and cost down there.

So why the picture of the Jeanneau which quite clearly wont be able to use the marina if air draft is that limited? frusty.gif

Wishful thinking! The pack bridge arch at Irthlingborough would be interesting too!

I think the development is by a local farming family who clearly have no clue about what type of craft can get to their marina!

Hi - Thanks very much indeed for flagging up my mistake about the picture of the cruiser on our website, you will be glad to know it has now been rectified.

Edited by Debbie Skinner

Hi Debbie,

See if you can get hold of an image of a Seamaster 27, an Elysian 27 or a viking 26 - these are very popular on the Nene.

I dont seem to have any photos of our E27 on our river - they are mostly shots out of the water or on other waterways!

Im out on the boat this weekend, if you get stck i will make sure I take some photos as a back up for you.

Good luck with the development, as mentioned earlier, the upper reaches of the Nene are crying out for a decent visitor friendly marina.

All the best.

Gazza.

Edited by gazza