Well done CRT

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

I think the enjoyment factor may be related to how high your viewpoint is and whether you can see over the flood banks? I could never see a thing off the counter, still a nice bit of cut though IMHO

We always used to try overnight at Saxilby in at least one direction. It was really nice there a long time ago - is it still?

It is a nice village. Got all you need close to hand, a selection of pubs, shops and takeaways As well as the diy store.

Good transport links as well with the railway station close to the moorings and bus links to both Lincoln and Gainsborough.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know the IWA had been down there too. I know exactly what you mean about having to remember where the shallow bits are though - especially just above the A43!

The Northampton Branch of the IWA adopted the Arm 2 years ago, I've recently been co-opted onto the committee after attending many work parties and making various 'suggestions'! frusty.gif

We have persuaded CRT to bring forward the work that needed doing on the Arm for the Northampton Festival of Water this August, most of the work has been done, ie reed cutting, offside vegetation, but the areas that needed 'deep reed cutting' (or dredging the roots out) has been put off until later in the year. They have assured us it will be done before the Festival, and believe me, we will keep reminding them! wink.png

The Northampton Branch of the IWA adopted the Arm 2 years ago, I've recently been co-opted onto the committee after attending many work parties and making various 'suggestions'! frusty.gif

We have persuaded CRT to bring forward the work that needed doing on the Arm for the Northampton Festival of Water this August, most of the work has been done, ie reed cutting, offside vegetation, but the areas that needed 'deep reed cutting' (or dredging the roots out) has been put off until later in the year. They have assured us it will be done before the Festival, and believe me, we will keep reminding them! wink.png

The arm was looking much better when we came up. Pulling up the reed roots would be useful though.

One other thing that needs attention is the bywash on either lock 13 or 14. It's supposed to discharge at water level into the narrow section between the lift bridge and the bottom gate, but something is blocked or collapsed so that it's flowing over the ground and cascading into the narrow bit from about 3 feet up. Impossible to avoid, and capable of dumping a lot of water into a front well or through a side hatch. We closed the side hatch doors and still got some coming through.

MP.

Edited by MoominPapa