Sunseekerr hire boat(s)

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

Just taking a wee break from planting as it's clouded over and is a little to windy to be spreading seeds.

I'd like to send a quick message to the company that hire's out a cream coloured boat named Sunseekerr in the Leighton Buzzard area.

We've been in the area for a few weeks now (yes we've moved!) and have noticed that regardless of who's at the helm of this boat they always pass moored boats with such care and consideration. I'd like to pass that along to the owner, but am unable to locate any info on the web other than a trip advisor site.

Just thought it would be nice for them to get some positive feedback from a boater in the local community

Thank you sooo much, message has been sent. Not sure how you found it, but again thank you :)

The fact the website says "Skippered cruises" would explain the consistency of behaviour.

That's what I thought too when I first tried looking it up - but it seemed to be different folks at the tiller each time it passed. Maybe there are "crew" onboard and they just let the guests take the tiller under instruction or something.

Anyway, credit where credit's due, whoever is at the tiller is very mindful of moored boats

Erm.... that's not my experience of the Sunseeker boat nor that of a few people I know at the Tesco moorings in Leighton Buzzard! Last year it frequently went past at Ludicrous Speed.

Maybe they've changed a staff member this season or got sick of being shouted at.

Edited by BlueStringPudding

maybe they have BSP, I can only comment on what we've noticed over our time here. Like I've said it's not been the same person at the helm on the numerous times they have passed us, at the 3 different locations we've been moored

with that said, I totally agree with your observations re the long term moorers in the area, quite a few of them race past, although it doesn't really cause us any grief with the WB, it takes quite a bit to shift us when we are moored up on the goat chains - but I do feel for the moored narrow boats around us as we watch them rock in the wake.

LOL the bloody "boy racers" in the rowing skiffs, that practice in the early evenings are pretty much the only thing that give us a wobble as they pass boat.gif

I wasn't criticising the long term moorers. Never had any trouble with them or the local CCers in that area cruising too fast - either they're suitably considerate boaters or know better than to sh*t on their own doorstep.

What I meant in my earlier post was that some of the long term moorers I know in the area have had Sunseeker belt past too fast.

ahh sorry misunderstood what you were saying...

and in fairness I didn't mean it to sound like I was having a pop at the "locals", as I said it takes a fair bit to jiggle us about so when they did go past rather quickly it didn't cause us any concern or grief, it was just an observation