Orange / EE contract customers...BEWARE !

Bobbybass

Featured Posts

I have been on Orange (now EE) PAYG for the past 19 years, I even bought my second phone three years ago. I only use it when on the boat and in emergerncies. I have no idea how much calls cost, but I do have to add another £10 every couple of years. Orange used to text me about deals etc, but they have given up on me now. I guess that whatever contract I once had, has long expired, and if I just stopped topping up, I doubt they would notice,.

I've never liked contracts or credit (should be called debt!!) cards. Cut up my last credit card 30 years ago.

Bought a S/H iPhone 4S for £80 and top up £10 every month on O2 PAYG Big Bundle. Normally the 1000 texts, 100 minutes of calls and 500Mb data lasts the month.

I've never liked contracts or credit (should be called debt!!) cards.

They're fine if you pay the full account off each month. But for many people they are a way of buying things which they can't afford. So they end up paying several months' worth of interest charges on the item and wonder why they're boracic.

They're fine if you pay the full account off each month. But for many people they are a way of buying things which they can't afford. So they end up paying several months' worth of interest charges on the item and wonder why they're boracic.

I think it's more of a psychological issue. I found if I walked into a shop and saw something I liked, it's much easier to go la la la and hand over a 'credit' card than count out the hard earnt cash. I've avoided buying all sorts of crap by not having a 'credit' card! ;)

I will keep a check and thanks for the heads up.

All problems will be solved soon, when BT own them (subject to monopolies commission etc.) help.gif

A bit off topic, but BT wrote to me last week to say they could probably save me money on my current BT Business Broadband / Office 365 / Web hosting. Long story short, I'm getting a better deal for about £25 less a month. I had to ask who I was talking to and what had happened to the real BT.

I stopped using orange recently. As well as taking a largeamount of money from me they argued and shouted at me when I rang to complain. I won't touch them again no matter what shape or form they are in. They may have got one chunk of money from me but they will lose out in the long run. Just wish I had checked the reviews before signing up. They offer no protection to the customer. Big bills are preferred rather than a quick text or phone call.

Dave

Which is what i do, I never bothered much with my credit card in the past for small payments, but since they have started paying me a bonus every time I use it, I hardly ever use cash any more.