Hot foot

bizzard

Featured Posts

For those of you who suffer from cold tootsies here is a quite simple and cheap sole-ution.

Take your favourite slippers for example, these or any other boots and shoes can easily be adapted.

Electric iron heating elements are the thing to use. 12v ones will afford you better mobility than AC mains ones.

These elements are usually constructed with elements trapped between two bits of Mica so all will be nice and safe.

So whichever type of elements you choose just trim around them with scissors to fit into your footwear of choice and make holes at the back of the heels for the electrical wires to poke through and connect them to little plug sockets, these plugs and sockets can be bought at electrical shops like Maplins, just explain what you want them for to ensure you get ones suitable. The connection plug pairs of wires can be joint into one ensuring that enough slack is provided to suit your stride and then either a 13amp plug for mains power or a couple of crocodile clips for 12v can be stuck on the other end. The irons temperature control rheostat switch can be incorporated in these wires, ideally within reach strapped to the leg just above the knee would be ideal.

To be fully mobile the 12v version is the best choice as say a nice big 135amp battery can be carried to power your foot heaters, either carried upon your back on a mountaineers frame or in front of you on a tray hung from a strap around the neck, just like the ice cream lady at the pictures. Can also be fitted with a fag lighter plug for use in the car too.

Before using the mains powered foot warmers I suggest going barefoot for long country rambles over lots of stony ground, this will harden the soles of the feet and should insulate them from possible electric shocks, don't forget to put an appropriate fuse in the plug.

I have a feeling I might have done this wheeze before a couple of years ago. Anyhow, it's done now, so there you have it ''warm cheesy feet''. wacko.png

Dear Mr Bizzard,

Thank you for your latest information bulletin.

Do you think in constructing above foot warmers I could use one of the leisure batteries from my boat?...there seems an awful lot in a row on boat..I'm sure they cannot all be necessary.

Also my slipper thingys are made of fleece...will they melt? and if so will my feet be then encased in plastic surround with wires poking out?

Could this then be new must have fashion accessory?...wow I could be seen as fashionable!..a first!

I did try those battery socks for wellington boots but not much cop as batteries not big enough and didn't get very warm..on the other hand this idea........

Toesty smile.png

I never get board of Bizzard's wheezes, he always presses home a good point which has me creased up.

(I think this one could be adapted with some brown paper to do the ironing whilst at the helm, although "kirby" may have a patent on that)

You really don't need a feckin` great battery to lug about, solar panels are the thing ..... but I s`pose if the sun is shining you won't need electric socks....

Oh I dunno sun is a long way from your feet.