New SE Waterways Manager

koukouvagia

Featured Posts

I've just received an email postponing the SE User Group meeting:

Change of dates – please accept our apologies for the
requirement to change the dates of the spring forum meetings,
this is due to the arrival of our new Waterway Manager Vicky
Martin.
So who is Vicky Martin? There is nothing I could find on the CaRT website and the only likely candidate according to Google is the director of the Orbit (Anish Kapoor's installation in the Olympic Park).

It is not Vicki Martin I think it is Nick Worthington if that is correct he is a good guy I have met with him a few times

That's odd, because the flyer that accompanied the email was signed by Vicky Martin, Waterway Manager, Canal and river Trust SE

I've just received an email postponing the SE User Group meeting:

Change of dates – please accept our apologies for the
requirement to change the dates of the spring forum meetings,
this is due to the arrival of our new Waterway Manager Vicky
Martin.
So who is Vicky Martin? There is nothing I could find on the CaRT website and the only likely candidate according to Google is the director of the Orbit (Anish Kapoor's installation in the Olympic Park).

I like her style:

http://www.vicky-martin.com/

Tim

There is a press release saying it is Vicky Martin for South East I think Nick Worthington has had the k&a added to his portfolio. Ian Lane has also now been appointed for the Midlands. Sorry on phone so can not cut and paste the press release

Oh and it is the same Vicky Martin from The Orbit

Yes, Vicky Martin......

Vicky Martin will be joining the Trust on 20 April as waterway manager for the South East region, covering the area from Rickmansworth and Oxford to Warwickshire and Leicestershire. Vicky is an experienced attractions manager who has worked for a wide range of heritage, countryside and leisure attractions in the Midlands, Yorkshire and Cornwall, and is currently the general manager for the Orbit in the Olympic Park.

And her experience of managing a waterway is?..........

There's a school of thought that says you don't have to know how to manage a specific thing...you just have to know how to manage.

Maybe thats her strength

There's a school of thought that says you don't have to know how to manage a specific thing...you just have to know how to manage.

Maybe thats her strength

Well the previous one had a management background in retail, and came from Marks & Spencers.

Anything he had learned about knickers did not seem to equip him well to understand the operational waterways that he moved on to. :lol:

Not aimed at these guys, but one of my favourite comments about management came many years ago from my old workplace.....

"Him now a senior manager ? You are joking aren't you? He struggles to manage a crap!".

Well the previous one had a management background in retail, and came from Marks & Spencers.

Anything he had learned about knickers did not seem to equip him well to understand the operational waterways that he moved on to. laugh.png

Not aimed at these guys, but one of my favourite comments about management came many years ago from my old workplace.....

"Him now a senior manager ? You are joking aren't you? He struggles to manage a crap!".

I imagine that the CRT posts filled by people that you and others have criticised were advertised. I wonder if anyone here has applied for a job with CRT.

Anything he had learned about knickers did not seem to equip him well to understand the operational waterways that he moved on to. laugh.png

Yep. There are a lot of managers about who are crap at managing people but really good at managing their projected image and, consequently, their careers