Electrician Hertford area please for Alfie

Terryb

Featured Posts

OK all you very very kind chaps and chapesses out there. This is a shout out for some tangible help if possible. My inverter and battery charger has taken one for the team. While I know these things are not cheap and I am able to pay for them, if anyone has any of the above gathering dust I would like to make a bid.

My engine is running as well as ever, ( thank you P and S) I need a 70/80 amp alternator, standard LR type.and would like to employ the services of a recommended reasonable charging Electrician in the Hertford/Lee/Stort area.

The boat has suffered some damp, but the humidifier will stay in for as long as I can keep it there. I need to get the boat back here for next weekend if practical.

At the moment without 240v there are some extras I would like some advice and ideas on please. A 12v 26" + TV or What else is there.? Also a DVD player again 12v

A fridge is going to be needed do I invert or do I go down the 12v route with that too , advice again please. Apart from the stated items, I will be ready to cruise as soon as soon as it is dry enough to sleep on.

OK all you very very kind chaps and chapesses out there. This is a shout out for some tangible help if possible. My inverter and battery charger has taken one for the team. While I know these things are not cheap and I am able to pay for them, if anyone has any of the above gathering dust I would like to make a bid.

My engine is running as well as ever, ( thank you P and S) I need a 70/80 amp alternator, standard LR type.and would like to employ the services of a recommended reasonable charging Electrician in the Hertford/Lee/Stort area.

The boat has suffered some damp, but the humidifier will stay in for as long as I can keep it there. I need to get the boat back here for next weekend if practical.

At the moment without 240v there are some extras I would like some advice and ideas on please. A 12v 26" + TV or What else is there.? Also a DVD player again 12v

A fridge is going to be needed do I invert or do I go down the 12v route with that too , advice again please. Apart from the stated items, I will be ready to cruise as soon as soon as it is dry enough to sleep on.

Hi Terry

You will get many conflicting views on fridges I am not saying I am right/wrong but I speak as a liveaboard for many years and have had every type from gas ( These are best ) to 12volt several times and mains several times and in my well tried and tested opinion I would go mains thro an inverter every time. They use very slightly more leccy but the fridges are not a complete rip off and many more choices as to size shape etc and if you are running an inverter anyway why not buy a new fridge for 100 squid as against the ludicrous 4/500 squid for 12 volt. As for your needs for inverter/charger I cant help this week but if you dont get sorted let me know in a week or two I am on hols at moment.

Good luck from hereon in also as you flippin deserve some.

Tim

Hi Terry

You will get many conflicting views on fridges I am not saying I am right/wrong but I speak as a liveaboard for many years and have had every type from gas ( These are best ) to 12volt several times and mains several times and in my well tried and tested opinion I would go mains thro an inverter every time. They use very slightly more leccy but the fridges are not a complete rip off and many more choices as to size shape etc and if you are running an inverter anyway why not buy a new fridge for 100 squid as against the ludicrous 4/500 squid for 12 volt. As for your needs for inverter/charger I cant help this week but if you dont get sorted let me know in a week or two I am on hols at moment.

Good luck from hereon in also as you flippin deserve some.

Tim

Cheers Tim cheers.gif