Stowe hill to Hertford

Terryb

Featured Posts

Day 4. Made Milton Keynes. I know. You're all asking what happened to the other 3 days. Truth is I sat for hours typing it on phone only to delete it all by mistake. In a nutshell. Light failed half way thru the tunnel. No dramas on the locks. But freezing cold. My bubble doesn't work. Great. More soon.

Day 4. Made Milton Keynes. I know. You're all asking what happened to the other 3 days. Truth is I sat for hours typing it on phone only to delete it all by mistake. In a nutshell. Light failed half way thru the tunnel. No dramas on the locks. But freezing cold. My bubble doesn't work. Great. More soon.

Told ya! did you have the 'torch' handy.

So are you as far as Bridge 84 where the stoppage is/was, yet, or have you managed to get through, please?

Yeah thanks Bottle. I did have a torch. And a portable led on the front.

My plans are that I have managed to extend my holidays for another week so no big deal there too. So yeah a few days at 84. No one is allowed through till Friday. Apparently they allowed thru a tossa who banged his hire boat. The hire company are sueing the contractor, so now we are all stuffed. It will be open by 4 on Friday.

What is your plan after MK.

I'm gonna make my way across to Hertford Valerene. But at least now I'll have plenty of time to look around. Meet a girl friend in Camden and just stop for photos more often.

Well finally made it through bridge 84 yesterday afternoon. Seems like a week away now. I got to £ locks late but Omg what a cock up coming thru. Some dipstick left the bottom lock paddles open while I was going up, and because I am new and it was getting dark, never noticed. In short, I drained the middle pound meaning that there was no water in the pound when I tried to move. Leaving me on the bottom. I then had to fill the pound by draining the top pound and that left that empty meaning I had to fill that from the river. Oh wow. Lessons learned. Man this ain't that easy for a learner.

Still a few pints of Doom Bar later and a good nights rest, had me motoring to Leighton Buzzard by 06.45 arriving there by 9. Short stop over for an hour or so, and I will untie and set off again.

Well done, sounds as if your journey has not lacked excitement.

Your reference to drinking Doombar suggests that you are still learning about ales too.

Good luck and smoother sailing for the rest of your journey.

Edited by Athy
  • Greenie 1