Condensation behind fridge.

Featured Posts

We finally tracked down some damp to condensation forming behind the fridge.

The fridge is basically in a wooden box with about an inch around all sides.

Increasing air flow round the fridge seems to be the answer but what is the best way?

I was thinking of putting air vents towards the rear of both sides but someone suggested a vent in the floor.

We have a computer cooling fan set in a hole in the floor behind the fridge.

On our Shoreline fridge there is a pair of spade terminals which are live only when the compressor is running, and I've wired the fan to these on a fused, switched circuit.

I turn this on in summer so the fan draws cool air from the bilge and blows it at the rear of the fridge whenever the fridge cuts in.

In our case I turn this off in cooler weather to save power, but in your situation you needn't do this.

We finally tracked down some damp to condensation forming behind the fridge.

The fridge is basically in a wooden box with about an inch around all sides.

Increasing air flow round the fridge seems to be the answer but what is the best way?

I was thinking of putting air vents towards the rear of both sides but someone suggested a vent in the floor.

I would say to do both especially if you do not have access to power like on the shoreline fridge as trackman suggested.

Thanks for the useful tips, got a couple more questions now. Since putting my fridge outside people keep nicking my beer. I removed the roof and can't seem to get the boat warm now. Had the fire well stoked and the heating on full but it just wasn't getting warm like it normally does.

Any pointless answers?

Thanks for the useful tips, got a couple more questions now. Since putting my fridge outside people keep nicking my beer. I removed the roof and can't seem to get the boat warm now. Had the fire well stoked and the heating on full but it just wasn't getting warm like it normally does.

Any pointless answers?

Buy an eco fan and pump out toilet,that'll cure what ails 'ya.

You didn't say whether this is a gas fridge or electric. An electric fridge shouldn't produce condensation, the damp is more likely to be drips from the fridge drain ( could be blocked or drip tray to rear missing?)

If it is a gas one, you can vent the condensation externally via copper or plastic piping ( without removing roof)

You didn't say whether this is a gas fridge or electric. An electric fridge shouldn't produce condensation, the damp is more likely to be drips from the fridge drain ( could be blocked or drip tray to rear missing?)

If it is a gas one, you can vent the condensation externally via copper or plastic piping ( without removing roof)

It's electric and the condensation is too high to be the drip tray.