Little electric shocks?

Emily

Featured Posts

The belt sander is the source of the static, it is basically acting as a van de Graaff generator and is using you as the charge accumulator. Ground yourself when you are using the sander to stop it or stick a metal bowl on the top and have fun making your hair stand on end..

Edited by Delta9

What's your business name on Etsy, Emily?

It's called Furnival's Workshop, but Etsy have a cruel and sadistic shop names policy that prohibits spaces and apostrophes, so you have to spell it FurnivalsWorkshop, which causes a little apostrophe-shaped part of me to die every time I write it.

It's called Furnival's Workshop, but Etsy have a cruel and sadistic shop names policy that prohibits spaces and apostrophes, so you have to spell it FurnivalsWorkshop, which causes a little apostrophe-shaped part of me to die every time I write it.

Please don't be too hard on them, it's not their fault, it's because of an Internet standard that you can't have spaces and apostrophes in a URL.

Good luck with the hair forks etc., it's nice to see crafts like this surviving in a world of factory production. There appears to be a whole world of hair accessories out there which I was only dimly aware of, despite having a daughter who occasionally sports such items in her hair. Indeed there's a very popular forum for it...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/index.php

Cheers everybody! It's really misty here today and I haven't had time to sand any antlers and, despite contriving excuses to prod people in the face, I sadly seem to have lost my electrical charge. Thank you all for your help. :)

If you take all context away from this post, it becomes one of the most bizarre and inexplicable things I've ever read.

I love this forum sometimes.

• Greenie 1

Please don't be too hard on them, it's not their fault, it's because of an Internet standard that you can't have spaces and apostrophes in a URL.

Good luck with the hair forks etc., it's nice to see crafts like this surviving in a world of factory production. There appears to be a whole world of hair accessories out there which I was only dimly aware of, despite having a daughter who occasionally sports such items in her hair. Indeed there's a very popular forum for it...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/index.php

I understand about the URL thing, it's just that apostrophe abuse affects me in a deep and personal way... ;) I know, I'm sad.

I'm a member of the forum you linked to- in fact it was from that forum that I got the idea for my shop, and from my forum name I got the title, and from the forum members I get most of my business!

If you take all context away from this post, it becomes one of the most bizarre and inexplicable things I've ever read.

I love this forum sometimes.

It's been a long time since a post on here has left me cleaning wine from my keyboard - thanks Dave, have a greenie.