Pram Canopy Makers - any recommendations please

RichLech

Featured Posts

Yes - AM Marine Trimming. Based in Windsor but he lives in New Haw and will come to Pyrford Marina. Julia at TLC may have his name - sorry I have forgotten! He did my boat and made a lovely job of it. http://ammarine.co.uk

ETA: Just remembered his name - Tim Alexander

Edited by Leo No2

Thanks Kathryn

I'll certainly be talking to Tim. He made a good job of our seat cushions.

I was hoping I might be able to find another supplier to talk to as well but most seem to be in the Midlands or up north.

I've spoken to AJ Canopies and they will travel up to 50 miles. I could use them by getting them to come to Oxford to measure on a Thames trip then cruise up the Oxford for fitting a couple of weeks later.

Their ball-park price seemed reasonable to me.

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to close this topic by saying we had our canopy made by Tim at AM Marine of Windsor. He made a lovely job of it, including accommodating my request for a front screen that can be completely removed as opposed to a section of it rolling up. This is great when you just need it for a bit of shade when moored up. He also put the hoops on sliding rails so that when lowered forward, they don't restrict the semi-trad hatch.

We are absolutely delighted with the additional "inside space" when we are moored up.

Just wanted to close this topic by saying we had our canopy made by Tim at AM Marine of Windsor. He made a lovely job of it, including accommodating my request for a front screen that can be completely removed as opposed to a section of it rolling up. This is great when you just need it for a bit of shade when moored up. He also put the hoops on sliding rails so that when lowered forward, they don't restrict the semi-trad hatch.

We are absolutely delighted with the additional "inside space" when we are moored up.

Clever idea.