User content? Where's mine gone?

Janet S

Featured Posts

I'm trying to find some information in a topic I started a couple of years ago, but when I search my content I can't find anything previous to Dec 29th 2014.

Anybody have a clue please?

Janet

Edited by Janet S

I'm trying to find some information in a topic I started a couple of years ago, but when I search my content I can't find anything previous to Dec 29th 2014.

Anybody have a clue please?

Janet

Are you using 'Advanced search'?

Yes Martin,

I've tried advanced search...I've been a member since 2006 but I can only find six results for me going back to the end of last year.

It worked OK a few months back when I had to delve into my previous topics to get some information, but there's nothing there now.

Janet

As above

The Search box top right of forum - click the star gear wheel for advanced search

Put your username in the correct box and change the bottom box to ascending

You have posts from 2006 onwards - lots of them and it works for me

The content search in your member name doesn't go back as far and is quite annoying on IPB forums when looking for something

Edited by EEng

Yes Martin,

I've tried advanced search...I've been a member since 2006 but I can only find six results for me going back to the end of last year.

It worked OK a few months back when I had to delve into my previous topics to get some information, but there's nothing there now.

Janet

Just putting your forum name into 'author' gets me hits back to July 2013...

I have had the same thing happen to me. Clicking my name (top right) and then My Content from the drop down box has recently, and only recently, switched to showing content from Dec 29th. I did nothing to cause this change BTW. I'm not too bothered but it is a bit odd because before that you could delve back simply with quite a long list and without doing any advanced searches.

Roger

Putting Janet S into the advanced search - (not my content search) and then changing the results to ascending - gives results back to 2006

Thank you! But I wonder why the post order (ascending/descending) makes a difference.

Incidentally, did you know that you could look up future posts? Try the calendar on the date field. It goes up to 2021. :)

As above

The Search box top right of forum - click the star gear wheel for advanced search

Put your username in the correct box and change the bottom box to ascending

I've tried several times on and off and never found my old posts. I've just followed what EEng says and have just 2 posts to my credit - one dated 28/10/08 and one dated 19/8/14. So it is not even showing posts made in the past week or so.

Tam

I've just played a bit more. Tam and Di gets me the 2 above, Tam & Di gets me zero, though that is my "trading name", Tam Murrell gets me 58, with the last one 6/12/14. On my profile I am credited with 1573!

Edited by Tam & Di

Further to my post #6 I have just noticed this morning that the My Content list (accessed as I described) has now moved on to this:

(Search limited from 30-December 14). It has shifted forward one day from the 29th Dec 2014. There must be something in the software that is causing this limitation on past content and the fact that it has moved on by one day without any possible intervention from me. Particularly so as it has been stuck on the 29th for a little while now and yet suddenly chooses to advance by one day. If it chose to advance one day for each day that passed then I could kind of understand it but to index by one day after an indeterminate period is a bit odd.

Roger