One week cruise from Tattenhall Marina?

Dyertribe

Featured Posts

We've not been oop North on a canal so this looks like a good idea, I'll run it by the rest of the crew, we're waiting on our friends son deciding on a date for his wedding, wouldn't do if his parents were on a canal jaunt rather than at his wedding!

Thank you everyone for your input.

Well if you do go from Tattenhall, any week from about April to August you could just about do the Cheshire Ring in daylight hours if you push yourselves a bit. Would mean fairly long days but definitely many locks! The Marple and Bosley flights are two of the most attractive and interesting flights of locks in the country! Getting away early afternoon or before on the first day would help. I did the Cheshire Ring in a week in October and started a good few miles off the route but still managed to make diversions to Boothstown and Whaley Bridge. Didn't quite keep to daylight hours but would've done if I'd got up and set off half an hour earlier on a couple of days!

I have hired from Shire Cruses and would recommend them. The Huddersfield rout is a fantastic one to do. It was some time ago when I did it though. You need to leave your car at their base at Sowerby. if your holiday starts at Sowerby you will need to get a taxi back to base at the end of your holiday for you car, or in opposite direction taxi to boat for start of your holiday.

If you like lots of locks, you could do the trip we did last year. We'd never managed to get to Droitwich, so we dicided we'd try to get there. Problem was, we's already hired the boat from Wootton Wawen so we went from Wootton > King's Norton > Droitwich > Worcester (via The Severn) > King's Norton > Wootton , which we reckoned was 191 Locks in the week - very laid-back week, in fact we were all totally laid-back (.. or sould that be laid-out..) by the end of it - and loved every minute of it !