Vogon Poetry

Featured Posts

Hello.

I've just tried leaving a comment on someone's profile page - first time I've done this other than leaving comments on my own profile page :cheers:

But a little window popped up to say it has to be okayed with the Big Head Honcho's of the forum first. Does this happen to all comments or only ones that quote Vogon poetry?

Hello.

I've just tried leaving a comment on someone's profile page - first time I've done this other than leaving comments on my own profile page :cheers:

But a little window popped up to say it has to be okayed with the Big Head Honcho's of the forum first. Does this happen to all comments or only ones that quote Vogon poetry?

You'll have to check with Zaphod Beeblebrox I suspect.

Good comment BSP.

Actually I quite liked it.

I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was particularly effective. Oh... and er... interesting rhythmic devices too, which seemed to counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the humanity (sorry, Vogonity) of the poet's compassionate soul.

Good comment BSP.

I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was particularly effective. Oh... and er... interesting rhythmic devices too, which seemed to counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the humanity (sorry, Vogonity) of the poet's compassionate soul.

I loved it! - we'll all be stalking Tomsk's profile to catch a glimpse of it.

Edited by Bones

Moley, you need to get out more.......

Janet

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly...

... thy micturations are to me / As plurdled gobbleblachits on a lurgid bee"

Pure poetry, the like of which has not been since since....and hopefully never will be seen again.....

Janet

PS. If I've got that quote wrong, please refrain from correcting me! My original copies of Hitchhikers are now museum pieces and I'm not going to risk more pages falling out just to satisfy you lot!

Good comment BSP.

Hahahah! :cheers:

Resistance is futile!

Vogon poetry aside, it is down to the profile owner to decide whether they wish to approve comments before they get displayed.

Jon

Is it? There are comments (perfectly nice ones) on my profile page which I didn't approve. Is this something you select in advance? Not that I can be bothered to approve comments of course, everyone here is so nice, why would i need to!?!

:help:

don't listen to her Moley...! You were spot on. I wish I could write stuff like that, mine just turns into depressingly deep drivel.

Sorry Bones, I didn't write it, Adams did.

Is it? There are comments (perfectly nice ones) on my profile page which I didn't approve. Is this something you select in advance? Not that I can be bothered to approve comments of course, everyone here is so nice, why would i need to!?!

In your Controls menu there's something about Personal Portal settings.

Whether you want to allow, approve or block messages is somewhere in there.

Edited by Moley