Coal supplier near Oxford / Thames

kremmen

Featured Posts

The couple who now run Dusty, the coal boat on the South Oxford, are based at Osney Marina I think. I don't know if the boat is based there, but it might be worth a look. Failing that I wish you luck. I can't think of anywhere near central oxford that will supply coal near the canal.

Dusty fuel boat "jock" owner tel079861890

For a good deal I just paid £24 for a bag of Taybright 4 bags hardwood logs 1 bag kindling and a pack of firelighters Problem it was in Cornwall.

I am just North of Osney on the Thames. I would like to get some coal before I make a return run to Newbury.

Can anybody advise of somewhere I can get a few bags of coal near my planned journey?

Paul

Do you have a car or do you need a waterside merchant?

Or to put it another way if you fancy a run up the Oxford to Enslow, the coal merchant there is ridiculously cheap. (Although still 300 yards from the cut.)

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

On the cut. I will look it up thanks.

Paul

I bought a few 25kg bags of decent smokeless fuel there last year and was somewhat shocked to be paying sub-£8 a bag, when I'd previously paid Dusty £12+ a bag for delivery direct to the boat.

I don't begrudge Dusty making a profit by the way for the higher level of service. I had to manually drag my low priced purchase from the coalyard to my boat.

MtB

At the moment I would probably prefer the Level of service as I have a glass back and nearly did it in moving 20k bag from back of boat to front.

Probably just try and get a few bags from a garage on the way back.

Maybe Tesco at reading. .. at least I can use a trolley there plus I get a discount.

Paul