View new content

c c

Featured Posts

Just found that if I sign out, it works OK but if I sign back in (such as to leave this message) I get the "Sorry, no new content found"

See Robbo's answer above - when you are signed out the forum doesn't know who you are so it will default to you being able to see it all, when you sign back in it will only show what you have it set to.

I always use the 'New Content' option for viewing the forum, about lunch time I was reading a post, clicked on 'new content' to go 'back' (knowing there were loads of unread posts) and i got a message that there was 'no new content'

I was still signed in & tried all sorts of things until I noticed that the "By Content Type" setting had gone all over the place - all by themselves - they were set to :

Forums

New since my last visit

Items I started

I reset them to my normal settings

Forums

Past week

And everything was back to normal.

Just one of those things 'puters do now and again ?

I always use the 'New Content' option for viewing the forum, about lunch time I was reading a post, clicked on 'new content' to go 'back' (knowing there were loads of unread posts) and i got a message that there was 'no new content'

I was still signed in & tried all sorts of things until I noticed that the "By Content Type" setting had gone all over the place - all by themselves - they were set to :

Forums

New since my last visit

Items I started

I reset them to my normal settings

Forums

Past week

And everything was back to normal.

Just one of those things 'puters do now and again ?

It may not be the issue in your case but it's very easy to change the settings accidentally if you view the forum on a tablet such as an iPad. You just have to catch them with a fat finger or thumb and they change.

The Dog House, on 19 Oct 2014 - 4:17 PM, said:

It may not be the issue in your case but it's very easy to change the settings accidentally if you view the forum on a tablet such as an iPad. You just have to catch them with a fat finger or thumb and they change.

Lincolnshire you know - webbed toes and fingers so tablets are out for me - the lap-top is hard enough.

Have you seen the film 'Waterworld' ? - I was Kevin Costners stand in

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Thanks for the suggestions and I checked the settings on the left of screen but I still get the problem. To leave this message I enter the General boating forum and log in again. Its a real Pain to check each forum in turn.

Thanks for the suggestions and I checked the settings on the left of screen but I still get the problem. To leave this message I enter the General boating forum and log in again. Its a real Pain to check each forum in turn.

Use private mode in your browser and see if the problem reoccurs, if so you need to remove all cookies and content for this site.

Edit, actually a rethink that prob not make any difference.

Edited by Robbo

I think you may have the answer.

The "time period" got moved probably by my left hand hitting the spot by accident. It really didn't want to change back again but eventually did and we are back to normal. Cheers