Boat Jumble

Supermalc

Featured Posts

Notts & Lincs Boat Jumble.

Sunday 11 February 2007 - Open 10AM.

The Newark & Notts Show Ground

NEWARK ON TRENT

Nottinghamshire.

Junction of A1, A17 & A46. Stalls inside (much larger brand new building giving lots more indoor space!!! ) and out.

Admission £3.00, accompanied children and car park free.

Telephone Roger Bell on 01485 541566.

Anyone thinking of going???

I'm surprised no one else is going to this. Being about the first one, it's usually a good social gathering and one of the out of season events.

I am thinking of going but have not got further than that, yet.

Nick

PS: Thoughts complete. I have consulted SWMBO and she says that she would like to go.

N

Edited by Theo

More or less Sam. Last year it was wet (again) so spent much time inside, but there was even enough to look at in there. They only use part of it, sometimes in conjunction with other events. Worth the 3quid for a day out. Also stall holders do come from far and wide. One chap had come from Devon. And there are paint bargains etc. to be had.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good day at Newark. Met several friends and aquaintences, old and new, missed my local 'gang' and saved a tenner on decent bilge pump, which had paid for fuel and entry, so a 'free' day out into the bargain.

Not only that, I arrived in light rain, which soon stopped, with the sun actually coming out later :banghead:

im sorry malc i did see you and barney also someone with you with a badge with this forum on , is he a member of here?, sorry i didnt speak but sun was nagging, lol

was raining when first there but went inside about half an hour when i came out with 2 brothers and my son it was fine and sun came out as i looked at the big plastic boats at newark marina

£280,000 for 40 foot plastic, i think they can keep it, this weeks wages wont cover that

i got 4 steel bollardsfor £18 , as my boat only has 1 on corner at back deck and 1 in centre of front deck so 1 will go on each side on deck at front and 1 each side on back decks, and got a couple of books including one written by prunella scales(cybil fawlty out of fawlty towers) and her husband timothy west knocked down from £7 to £4, knocked two quid of the bollards, knocked £1 off another book, no-one selling generators there though and price of anything to eat or drink was extortinate(however it is spelt) so went to newark marina for a drink and they hadnt any machines or anything, so went to waitrose, which is a shop i dont like, had to buy cadburys bars of chocolate for £1.35 whereas at tescos you could get their own chocolatre for 50p a bar, nothing to do with boats but, just found it expensive, oh and i nearly got run over by a ford capri!!! never ind, the joys of life

also wanted cheap lifejackets for my nephew and niece for when they come on boat, went to one stall with a woman who reminded me of cherie blairs sister who was on im a celebrity get me out of here, cant think of her name, and the lifejackets were good but zips were naff, they were only 4 pound a piece but she said they did work before we came , then we went and later i thought well i could see if she;d take a fiver for the two and get new zips but when i went back they had gone, only spent about £25

• 3 months later...

Sunday 20 May 2007. Humberside Boat Jumble. Open 10AM. Carlton Towers, Snaith, GOOLE, Yorkshire, DN14 9DZ. Signposted from Snaith. Admission £2.50, accompanied children and car park free. Telephone Compass Events 01803 835915 or E-Mail. Map link to venue here.

anyohe else going