Reasons for not allowing continuous on line mooring.

Theo

Featured Posts

Visitors to London in the main need and traditionally only used a relatively low number of the more secure moorings, Little Venice, Islington, Springfield etc, if use of the main moorings could be restricted so that they are more available to visitors then the problems and conflicts between different types of boaters would be resolved with very little impact on the London ccers.

Whether the numbers cruising (mooring on the towpath) solely within central London should be allowed to continue to grow is another argument.

I agree - when however last time this was raised, some in here moaned about it's the thin end of the wedge and impossible to manage by CaRT.

Looking again at Theo's post. it is based on a view of 6 months cruising, OOp north.

He hasn't seen the system in the depths of Winter when " CC boats overstaying" tend to dissapear back into their marinas, giving a truer picture.

Theo, give us an opinion when you have travelled a bit more and seen REAL congestion/issues. Maybe over 2 years. In the winter months, of course you will still be CC-ing and not seeking refuge in a marina won't you????

Sorry that I haven't been monitoring this thread. I have been with the grandchildren for a few days and only just got back to the boat and had a look at what is being discussed.

I would agree with this comment. I am very new to CCing and have a rather restricted view, as he says from oop narth.

Oh, "yes" to the last question. We have no intention of mooring up for the winter. I trust that we will enjoy it as much as we did in 2008 when we cruised from February to November. We did 2000 miles or thereabouts.

Must get back to cruising now. We will overnight in Marple...

Wot larks!

N

Edited by Theo

Well our boat is a bit on the scruffy side - that paint job that was meant to happen last year didn't actually transpire so Iona still wears a 20 year old paint job that is getting decidedly jaded!

However we never leave anything on the towpath! We have been photographed on one occasion with the contents of our roof on the towpath (thanks Matty smile.png) but that was only for a short while.

I think the actions of a few tarnish the rest of us, which is a shame.

So is mine Ange, but it's amazing what a rub over with baby oil will do!