Oil Pressure Gauge

5thHorseman

Featured Posts

I tried to bleed my bourdon on the roof once to make sure oil got to it then thought, "why am I doing this" and stopped. So there could well be merely a pocket of air inside the arc tube.

Surely if the pressure in the pipe is steady that would make no difference?

Tim

As an apprentice I once shoved around six thousand psi through a 200 psi gauge by accident. It didn't work after that as the needle was bent and had gone all limp

Funny enough today, in my day job, I'm engineering a gas fiscal meter offtake and the client is imposing 300 bar (4,500 psig) pressure back onto me so I'm having to specify ANSI Class 2,500 flanges and valves and safety kit. I've never seen anything bigger than class 600 before. Proper mans flanges!

Here is a blank one

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Blind-Flange-2500-Class_439103541/showimage.html

Edited by mark99

Gauge working a treat.

The sector plate was jaming on the gear wheel on the indicator hand spindle,.this was reproducable so that every time that particular part of the gear wheel met the correspondinding part of the sector plate they jammed. So took the hand off and gently rotated the sector plate so that it disengaged from the gear and rotated the gear so that the offending part of the gear wheel will only make contact with the sector plate on full deflection. Left everything to recover while I had a cup of coffee, pushed indicator hand onto spindle at 0 stop reassembled, started engine - 45psi on the button.

Many thanks for all your help and encouragement. Thank you Proper Job for giving me the link to what was inside the gauge.

Alister

Edited by 5thHorseman

Gauge working a treat.

The sector plate was jaming on the gear wheel on the indicator hand spindle,.this was reproducable so that every time that particular part of the gear wheel met the correspondinding part of the sector plate they jammed. So took the hand off and gently rotated the sector plate so that it disengaged from the gear and rotated the gear so that the offending part of the gear wheel will only make contact with the sector plate on full deflection. Left everything to recover while I had a cup of coffee, pushed indicator hand onto spindle at 0 stop reassembled, started engine - 45psi on the button.

Many thanks for all your help and encouragement. Thank you Proper Job for giving me the link to what was inside the gauge.

Alister

It's all part of the community service.

You realise they're quite simple things inside once you open them up.