surveys

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

Be careful, surveyors will only check that which they are contracted to. If you say a full engine survey, then that is what you will get. But do not expect, for example, a detailed engine survey unless you make it clear that is what you want. It's pretty simple really, just ask for hull, full electrics, detailed engine survey, valuation survey, plumbing survey etc

Edited by Geordie.narrowboat

When I had Delta Queen surveyed earlier this year, the surveyor, Craig Allen, put the boat in gear and ran it for a couple of hours to check for any obvious issues or leaks. He tested the Webasto heating system but not the Kabola oil fired stove. He checked the invertor and charging systems and checked the bilge to see if it was dry.

He also checked the gas system and hull for thickness.

He then made comment on things like condition of paint,fit out and value ofboat given its overall condition.

I thought, too, that surveyors did not generally touch anything which they couldn't easily gain access to. However, when I sold my Springer recently, the surveyor who came to Fox's to do the job lifted not only the carpets but also the floorboards.

It would have been nice of him to put them back after he'd finished looking beneath them.

I thought, too, that surveyors did not generally touch anything which they couldn't easily gain access to. However, when I sold my Springer recently, the surveyor who came to Fox's to do the job lifted not only the carpets but also the floorboards.

It would have been nice of him to put them back after he'd finished looking beneath them.

When we had NC surveyed the surveyor went into every nook and cranny. He even lifted the boards beneath the midships berth to check the tanks below. Not an easy job in a tight space.

You basically get (should get) all you ask for, if you don't ask you don't get.

Of course cost comes into it a hull survey will be a lot less than a 'full' survey

Edit: spelling

Edited by bottle

• 2 weeks later...

Well I I had the survey carried out by Craig Allen. Very happy with how he went about it, very thorough and he was more than happy to go over the boat with me.Now I just have the last boat to sell.Thanks to those here who suggested I used Craig.

Edited by ianali