Saul festival

sprog

Featured Posts

https://www.waterways.org.uk/events_festivals/waterways_pageant/saul_waterways_pageant

The photo at the top of the link page is from its heyday (when organised by CCT) but I doubt this one will be anything like that but you never know.

If you want to moor anywhere close to the site, pre booking is necessary, see link.

Edited by bottle

I've looked on the website and I'm trying figure out how they can charge for 14day and 48hr moorings. Have I Missed something, I don't mind donating but I'm just a little confused.

Edit to add:

Are they the waterways mafia. If u don't pay they'll come along and cut your lines

Edited by sprog

I've looked on the website and I'm trying figure out how they can charge for 14day and 48hr moorings. Have I Missed something, I don't mind donating but I'm just a little confused.

Edit to add:

Are they the waterways mafia. If u don't pay they'll come along and cut your lines

That happens at lots of festivals CaRT suspend the moorings and the organisers then reserve them for festival attendees at a price.

There are also a lot of restrictions on Gloucester Docks and the surrounding area between now and the Bank holiday weekend.

There will be five tall ships coming up the canal over the next week restrictions on mooring near Saul junction and no mooring between Sainsburys and the Gloucester Lock.

6 of us going in 3 campervans. It got a bit too popular then they had a break, so will have to see how busy it is this year.

It was 'given a break' after the year the site was under a couple of feet of water on the weekend of the festival which cost the CCT tens of thousands of pounds!

I do remember Roger's surprise birthday party the year before.

Tim