SR2 leak off pipe

Karen Lea Rainey

Featured Posts

Hi, all,

on my leak off pipe there is a T piece which the unused fuel travels down.

The bottom of the T goes just into a plastic beaker and collects the diesel next to where the filter is.,

The top of the T goes directly back to the tank.

My question is,

Should the bottom pipe be fitted to return the filter / hole in the top of the fuel pipe as there is a hole in the round brass fitting that the banjo bolt goes through.

I currently just have a screw in the hole to keep the fuel pressure up and it doesn't leak at all.

I have heard of the leak off pipe going into an empty brasso tin for collection, is this ok?

or should I blank of the bottom of the T piece so all of the fuel goes back to the tank.

THe only problem with blanking off as I can see it is that the return to tank looks at about the same height or higher than where the leak off pipe comes out of the top of the engine

Hi, all,

on my leak off pipe there is a T piece which the unused fuel travels down.

The bottom of the T goes just into a plastic beaker and collects the diesel next to where the filter is.,

The top of the T goes directly back to the tank.

My question is,

Should the bottom pipe be fitted to return the filter / hole in the top of the fuel pipe as there is a hole in the round brass fitting that the banjo bolt goes through.

I currently just have a screw in the hole to keep the fuel pressure up and it doesn't leak at all.

I have heard of the leak off pipe going into an empty brasso tin for collection, is this ok?

or should I blank of the bottom of the T piece so all of the fuel goes back to the tank.

THe only problem with blanking off as I can see it is that the return to tank looks at about the same height or higher than where the leak off pipe comes out of the top of the engine

The one that goes to the beaker from the tee piece with the round brass thing which should be a 'banjo' union and would normally be fitted butted up via a reducer and copper washers to the banjo union of the main fuel supply pipe to the injector pumps which is on the OUTLET port of the filter unit. The other branch from the Tee piece does go straight back to the tank.

Get rd of that plastic beaker arrangement before your next BSS inspection. Definite failure.

Edited to add. Many Lister's I see do not have such a 'T' piece or have it blanked off, the spill being entirely returned to the tank.

Edited by Radiomariner