Lechlade and back wildlife an stuff

JV44

Featured Posts

Recently took the yak on a 2 week adventure up to lechlade attached to the mother ship
IMG_0450_zps5c5eee63.jpg
IMG_4949_zps523f496b.jpg
IMG_4953_zpsd87be041.jpg
IMG_0457_zpsac0d9187.jpgIMG_4988_zpsbde92276.jpg
Some of the bridges were a tight fit
IMG_9261_zps2cd8094f.jpg
Wildlife of upper Thames was a bit special
IMG_9247_zpsd337b8ab.jpg

IMG_9281_zps618a70a3.jpg
IMG_9298_zps23512a62.jpg
IMG_9327_zpsc82cc200.jpg

Great trip alternator for domestics went pop but even that didn`t spoil it the barn owls were superb and believe it or not we saw an Otter whilst moored overnight on the way out ........on the prison loop in Reading!!!! after dark mind so guess they get brave with the cover of darkness Steve

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos

We are going up the Thames as far as Lechlade (ha'penny bridge) the middle of next month - can't wait after seeing your photos

Just above Pinkhill lock on the left are some 24 hour moorings and the hill like bit behind you is where the barn owls fly even mid day if they are feeding young ,a walk round the Farmoor reservoir at the top of said slope is a nice way to spend an evening.

Curlew around Rushey and you can hear them warbling away ,to much to list you will love it enjoy your trip Steve

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos

We are going up the Thames as far as Lechlade (ha'penny bridge) the middle of next month - can't wait after seeing your photos

Hi Betty, carry on up to the Thames & Seven where you can have fun turning round under the overhanging willow tree, I did this with my wide beam (60 x 11).

Enjoy Fred.

I have to be honest the owl pics are all down to my other half she is a bit of a camera buff and we moor there specifically to get barn owl shots that said sometimes you just get so engrossed in watching them she misses lots of pics ,she goes off for ages with the camera in search of images and I go off for hours in search of fish..... relationship utopia

Cannon 70 D with a Sigma 100-500 is lens captured the images for anyone interested Steve

I have to be honest the owl pics are all down to my other half she is a bit of a camera buff and we moor there specifically to get barn owl shots that said sometimes you just get so engrossed in watching them she misses lots of pics ,she goes off for ages with the camera in search of images and I go off for hours in search of fish..... relationship utopia

Cannon 70 D with a Sigma 100-500 is lens captured the images for anyone interested Steve

Fantastic owl photos!

Currently moored at Thrupp and will be heading back to Iver via Lechlade on the 14th August. Will look out for owls and good places to moor. Only have 7 days so will be 10 hours a day (according to Canal Planner). Tide times good for us though, ht at Richmond around 11am so plenty of time to get back onto the Slough Arm - now newly dredged, well part of it is.