Calor Gas Prices

ETS Jess

Featured Posts

You've got the whole wrong end of the stick here.

I motor in my boat. It's a nice little trip that I quite enjoy every now and then. I pop the old bottle ashore, and the new one on the boat.

I'm not doing it to save a quid.... I'm actually paying a bit more than I need to. I used to do the car trip to Go Outdoors and pay about £23, but decided life was to short to save £3 a few times a year.

Now that sounds a whole lot more sensible than your original post came across. A bit of boating? Yeah good boy!

Phil

Jess I think that you have sort of had the answer, price something like £26 or £27 for 13kg bottle.

It is possible to buy it cheaper if you are prepared to travel but I you are only using it for cooking you will only use 3 or 4 bottles a year so the savings a week on cheaper gas is only pennies.

Think of it like petrol, can be cheaper if you shop around but for the pennies saved its just not worth the effort.

If using for cooking only the saving for each £1 you can buy it cheaper is about 1p a day.

Phil

I'm with Phil on this, if you run out are you going to wait till you can find a builders merchants that sell it a couple of quid cheaper?

I used to work with a guy who would pass petrol stations when low on fuel to find one doing double or triple green shield stamps - he ran out a fair few times in his pursuit of a bargain!

£13 for a 13kg calor but I refill them myself at the local garage.

It's £7 for a 6kg.

It's a bit like dicing with death but it saves a few quid. The refill adapters are available on flee bay.

It's not just you that's dicing with death when you do that. When you finally finish with the cylinder because the tap's worn out, it goes back into the pool, and some poor sod will get it from their supplier, and if they're lucky all that will happen is that they lose their gas. If the cylinder isn't checked for safety regularly, it could start leaking or fail, and cause major problems for your whole area. It may save a few bob now, but could cost you your boat as well as a couple of others in the future.

Had a need to hire a tool from Brandon Hire a month or so ago.

When he heard I was off a boat he said he sell propane in 13kg bottles for £22.00. I was a bit cheeky and said that sounds good delivered. He politely indicated that I was incorrect about the delivery.

The branch I am referring to is the one a stones throw from the canal at Kidlington, if anyone is passing and needs a bottle, call his bluff.

Martyn

When he heard I was off a boat he said he sell propane in 13kg bottles for £22.00. I was a bit cheeky and said that sounds good delivered. He politely indicated that I was incorrect about the delivery.

The branch I am referring to is the one a stones throw from the canal at Kidlington, if anyone is passing and needs a bottle, call his bluff.

Martyn

http://www.brandontoolhire.co.uk/en/lpg-bottled-gas/3487-calor-13kg-propane-gas-refill.html

Martyn

Martyn, reckon you must have misheard him.

Phil

It's not just you that's dicing with death when you do that. When you finally finish with the cylinder because the tap's worn out, it goes back into the pool, and some poor sod will get it from their supplier, and if they're lucky all that will happen is that they lose their gas. If the cylinder isn't checked for safety regularly, it could start leaking or fail, and cause major problems for your whole area. It may save a few bob now, but could cost you your boat as well as a couple of others in the future.

You're absolutely right, I'll stop using it immediately.