Heron Boatbuilders

Featured Posts

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I was just wondering how many others out there own a Heron Boat?

:lol:

Apparently you are on your own.

Q. Now, what does that tell you.

A. A very small Heron Owners Club.

Would you recomend them?

Wait a minute, I think i know this one.

It's on the tip of me tongue.................... nah gone.

Seriously, is it time to spill the beanz? The whole story!

Undoubtedly there have been some niggles, but show/name- me a boatbuilder that doesn't?

But by and large, I'm more than happy.......The shell has beautiful lines and the fit out is excellent......

Yes the boat was late(my biggest niggle), but as I say, I think there are more builders who deliver late than on time.....

3 months on, and I wouldn't swap it for another from elsewhere.....It has a lovely Josher bow and has curves in all the right places, and straight sides! (unlike a few ive seen elsewhere).

Hi all

There not bad boats, I can virtually wave to them from my office!

(We do very nicely thank you out of their advertising!)

Were very nice to them and always rescue them when they break down!

Have a look here:-

http://www.ledgardbridge-boatcompany.com/h...older_news.html

Gary

I didn't get a Christmas card from them though after putting that on the site.

Richard: yes they do have a Heron cut out on the rudder....

Gary: I passed your place when we brought Black Pearl to her home mooring......I should Imagine you have to rescue quite a few people where you are, just (literally) on the weir..?

Its very un-sporting (and un professional) to start knocking your competitors Gary...Im sure Heron would have a few stories to tell about Ledgad Bridge ?

Richard: yes they do have a Heron cut out on the rudder....

Gary: I passed your place when we brought Black Pearl to her home mooring......I should Imagine you have to rescue quite a few people where you are, just (literally) on the weir..?

Its very un-sporting (and un professional) to start knocking your competitors Gary...Im sure Heron would have a few stories to tell about Ledgad Bridge ?

Oh it's all a bit tongue in cheek!

They will probably get chance to return the favour sometime, and if I wanted to really start knocking people I could write a book.

Heron build good boats we build good boats that are a bit different and are aimed at different customers.

I have never really understood the desire of many long established builders to try and put the knife into other builders at the first opportunity.

The main crux in selling/building boats is money, you can only build so much boat for a set amount of money and if a we can't meet the customers budget then I have no problem in recommending another builder, after all if we can't build a boat for that budget we are not in competition. Heron, Liverpool boats, The New boat company and many other reputable boat builders all produce boats to suit individual budgets.

You pay your money you make your choices!

Gary

Personally I would like a Sagar Mini-Lux Dutch Style Barge for Christmas if Santa's listening!

Edited by Gary Peacock

I quite agree Gary, Heron and yourself build different boats.....

For us, we decided we loved the sweeping curves the Josher bow provided.......Not dissimlar to a Johnathan Wilson shell, (which is who built my last boat, to this one) infact they look virtually identical ...( as I beleive JW used to build for Heron, years gone by).....(both are excellent choices)....

(btw the new boat company buys boats from Liverpool Boats) if i remember correctly....

Anyway Gary....don't go upsetting me....your not that far away....(ill kick yer a**) :lol:

Perhaps we should start a Ledgard Bridge boat club also. Ours was built by them.

Hi Bernie,

Send me some photos and stories and you too can feature in our owners boats section.

http://www.ledgardbridge-boatcompany.com/html/lea_crest.html

http://www.ledgardbridge-boatcompany.com/html/diary2.html

Cheers

Gary

• 1 month later...

Just to clarify the situation Liverpool Boat Co and The New Boat Co are not connected in any way by family or joint directors etc. We are a boat builder, and in addition to building and selling boats to the public we also build and sell boats to The New Boat Co. These include the Sandpiper Fully Fitted Narrowboats, and also The New England Range. We also build The Merseyclass for Pyrford Basin.

Just to clarify the situation Liverpool Boat Co and The New Boat Co are not connected in any way by family or joint directors etc. We are a boat builder, and in addition to building and selling boats to the public we also build and sell boats to The New Boat Co. These include the Sandpiper Fully Fitted Narrowboats, and also The New England Range. We also build The Merseyclass for Pyrford Basin.

Nice to have another builder on line, I dont feel quite so out numbered now!

Gary