Wolverhampton 21

Alf27

Featured Posts

A bike ride or walk up the flight will probably reveal the answer...

MtB

True, but they have decided to go round via Gt Heywood & Coventry Canals.

What does the printed notice say?

Standard pre-printed notice saying ring this No. or check Waterscape, with locks Closed written on in pen.

Edited by Alf27

Which bit is the collar pin? Sounds like pure vandalism to me if it's the bit that holds the end in place on the big steel loop that forms the top hinge.

Thats the bit & true, vandalism, not the first time on this flight,

With a trifor winch you winch the gate up & have it fixed in no time, but C&RT are not willing to do this on overtime so it seems !

Thats the bit & true, vandalism, not the first time on this flight,

With a trifor winch you winch the gate up & have it fixed in no time, but C&RT are not willing to do this on overtime so it seems !

Ah, so if CRT won't be attending, nothing to stop boaters doing it themselves then?

:)

MtB

Is this reliable info? Nothing I can see on CRT website?

Yes reliable, I rang the 03030404040 number & C&RT supervisor rang me back with the info as above.

But as you say still not on stoppage pages !

Edited by Alf27

I take back everything I said on the Interactive Map thread. ITS RUBBISH! Are you listening Mr Parry?

Yes reliable, I rang the 03030404040 number & C&RT supervisor rang me back with the info as above.

But as you say still not on stoppage pages !

Maybe CRT should give up on their website. Cwdf is far more useful and reliable. Thanks Alf.

• Greenie 1

I take back everything I said on the Interactive Map thread. ITS RUBBISH! Are you listening Mr Parry?

Maybe CRT should give up on their website. Cwdf is far more useful and reliable. Thanks Alf.

Funny you should say this.

Because a few years back when there was that chemical spill into the canal in this area.

We where doing the black country ring at the time and got all our info about what was going on via CWDF and not the BW as it was then site

Damn and Blast!

Lemontoes and I, accompanied by her sister on her boat, are on our way to central Birmingham for the floating market next weekend. The plan was to attack the Wolfy 21 tomorrow morning so Lemontoes can nip home on't train on Tuesday and come back the following day.

If the Wolfy 21 is closed and we are now on the Staffs and Worcs at Gailey, can we still get to Old Town Turn area by Tuesday lunchtime?

What do you knowlegable people suggest?