Fairleads - the fitting of

Emerald

Featured Posts

So why not have a rope attached to ring on the handrail on each side, rather than 2 ropes attached to a central ring?

I have two eye bolts in the roof one at each side. I really didn't want anything attached to the rail. The only down side is, if I am trying to pull the boat to the side in a wide deep lock so I can climb down the ladder to reboard the rope is not the most efficient angle to pull at.

I have two eye bolts in the roof one at each side. I really didn't want anything attached to the rail. The only down side is, if I am trying to pull the boat to the side in a wide deep lock so I can climb down the ladder to reboard the rope is not the most efficient angle to pull at.

I have found in this situation, that taking the other side rope, gives a better pulling angle, we use 2 centre lines, both through fairleads(welded on).

Bod

I have found in this situation, that taking the other side rope, gives a better pulling angle, we use 2 centre lines, both through fairleads(welded on).

Bod

That was my thoughts as well afterwards. It second nature to step off with the center line that is laying where you step off. If I was taking the other one I may as well have a center fixing and flick it over things, that two ropes avoids.

Edited by ditchcrawler

How about a short piece of flat brass on the handrail at the wear point?

I have just taken such lengths of flat brass off my boat to reprint the roof and handrails. Problem they were causing rusting to occur around the screws, brass screws had been used. Plus they don't look aesthetically very good. I will be replacing with fair leads!

Rick K

Suzie B