30ft Bridgwater built wide beam :)

Alan&sue

Featured Posts

Hi all

Everyone on the forum always says that you will know when you have found your boat :)

Well we have( fingers crossed) and as the saying goes "good things come in small parcels"

She is a 30ft semi trad built by Bridgewater 1999 with a 27hp yanmar barras shire Diesel engine, we have had our offer accepted subject to the usual.

Is there anything specific we should look out / or check, weak points.

Sue & Alan

Well done, and Fingers crossed.

Have you got Butterflies !.

Mmmmmmm flutter flutter Byes

X

Congratulations - how wide is it ?

Thanks sort of holding breath until survey done :-)

She is 8ft 6in wide & 30ft long, x

Is it going to be a Livaboard for you,

Have you looked at lots of boats Oh All thease questions.

Tell us about it, Pictures ect.

Hi

No she will be for weekends & holidays for now, will gave you the full run down & photos later

Thanks x

Mmmmmmm flutter flutter Byes

X

Thanks sort of holding breath until survey done :-)

She is 8ft 6in wide & 30ft long, x

What a curious size boat one foot six inches too wide to go so many places and only 30 feet long. I guess in a lot of area being over 7 feet wide isn't an issue, where are you planning to keep it, bit short on canals up in the North East/

K

What a curious size boat one foot six inches too wide to go so many places and only 30 feet long. I guess in a lot of area being over 7 feet wide isn't an issue, where are you planning to keep it, bit short on canals up in the North East/

K

I was curious about this, but given the provenance of the boat I think it was probably built to those dimensions so it could get through the stop lock south of Preston Brook tunnel. IIRC Dutton stop lock has a maximum width of around 9'. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I reckon 8'6" is probably the maximum beam that would comfortably go through.

This would give access to the Anderton Lift and the river Weaver of course.

I was curious about this, but given the provenance of the boat I think it was probably built to those dimensions so it could get through the stop lock south of Preston Brook tunnel. IIRC Dutton stop lock has a maximum width of around 9'. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I reckon 8'6" is probably the maximum beam that would comfortably go through.

This would give access to the Anderton Lift and the river Weaver of course.

Hi

Would love any info/ provenance of the boat :) we can't wait to explore & find out exactly how far & wide we can travel, but don't want to get too excited till the surveys been done.

She is really lovely & hopefully all will be ok , we want to have her bottom cleaned/blacken and probable new anodes while she is out of the water.

sue x

Edited by Alan&sue

Hi

Would love any info/ provenance of the boat smile.png we can't wait to explore & find out exactly how far & wide we can travel, but don't want to get too excited till the surveys been done.

She is really lovely & hopefully all will be ok , we want to have her bottom cleaned/blacken and probable new anodes while she is out of the water.

sue x

All got covered a while back here. For reference the Bridgwater canal (no e) is in Somerset, the Bridgewater (with an e) is in Cheshire/Lancashire amazing how often they get mixed up.

K

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39830