Advice Needed - Patch Repair Paint

Featured Posts

Some of the paint on the roof is blistering at junc of handrail. It's where water collects in small pools and the diluted soot etc collects.

Now the weather is better I want to patch it up.

How, step by step, is best way and what products?

Here is a characteristic example of the lift off and blister. (The glossy red is the handrail).

20140504_182505_zpsb4732002.jpg

It's not that there is no info on this site re painting - there is so much and so many products I get a wee bit confused.

I did mine about 3 years ago . You will struggle to get it to look right just patching . Get rid of all the loose stuff any rust showing through treat it with rust inhibitor sand the roof then repaint the lot . Took me a couple days 3 coats using a roller was suprisingly easy still looks ok to .

It looks as though you've got rust running up the handrail as well. Whatever you do, it isn't going to match the weathered paint. You need to prep all that area back to bright metal, beyond the rust. I simple reapply all the levels of paint from primer to topcoat. I can't give advice on rust treatment.