Anyone interested in a swap

Ratty & Moley

Featured Posts

We gave a 30 ft Springer that sleeps 4.

Now that we have her home on the Ouse near St Ives we quite fancy exploring other parts of the country ... Would quite like to do the K & A but not too fussed really , so if you fancy doing a swap for a few days whenever ,.., let us know. I would probably be ok with up to 50ft but wouldn't want to go any bigger.

I thought most policies covered anyone using the boats with the owner's permission (as long as no money changes hands).

We are with Towergate and we regularly lend our boat to some close friends. As long as I inform the insurance when they have the boat they (the insurance) are quite happy.

Towergate did ask me to sign to say I was satisfied with the competance of our friends though.

ETA. RCR is a different matter however, I have the option on renewal to have myself or the boat covered for any user, not both.

For any pedants about my physical self is not covered for breakdown by RCR but any boat I may be using.

Edited by Ray T

Sounds like a good idea, but it's like house-swopping, how do you know the other people are looking after your stuff and driving the boat 'properly'? Isn't there a section on this site for 'boat swops'? - there is for crew members needed. And there's insurance to cover your no-claims-bonus, ie. the other folk pay for damage via their insurance and you don't lose your n-c-b.

You can always drive a car over to the other boat once a week/fortnight to check all is OK...

I used to lend my previous boat to friends frequently while I was working abroad. Insurance was fine about it - covered the boat when in the charge of anyone operating it with my permission and as long as there was no payment of any kind. I trusted the friends enough to make good any damage if needed. However in the case of Magpie Patrick borrowing it, Odana always came back to me in far better mechanical condition than she'd been handed over...!