Jabsco water pumps

Rich

Featured Posts

It is very likely that I need a new water pump and looking back through the posts on here it seems that Jabsco is the one to go for.

The current delivers 10.9 lpm and Jabsco have one that gives 11 lpm at around £65.00 and another that gives 13 lpm at around £110.00. That's a big price difference for the extra 2 litres so is the more expensive pump of a better quality? Or is there something else that accounts for the difference?

Doubt it, some are two piston, three, four, which might give slightly smoother flow if used without an accumulator.

Somewhere depends what you want to do with it,if you want to have an awesome shower, while running a bath, and have a large tank, or find it was just fine as it was before!

We have a parmax 2.9 which works.... as did the surflo before it.

Daniel

It is very likely that I need a new water pump and looking back through the posts on here it seems that Jabsco is the one to go for.

The current delivers 10.9 lpm and Jabsco have one that gives 11 lpm at around £65.00 and another that gives 13 lpm at around £110.00. That's a big price difference for the extra 2 litres so is the more expensive pump of a better quality? Or is there something else that accounts for the difference?

Jabsco make a wide range of pumps, it might help if you told us which models?

Tim

I used to have a square D switch which could be adjusted but didn't replumb it in when I overhauled the system.....I have found the microswitch on the pump to be ok apart from one time when it decided not to cut out...I just took the switch off and cleaned the little hole out behind it and all was well again.

I did also have a failure with a previous parmax where the permanent magnet on the motor became unattached from the motor casing.....it did run like that for quite a while (over 6 months!!) until I decided to see why it wasn't making it's usual noise!

Given that we live aboard and work the pump fairly hard I would fit another when this one goes......in fact I tend to retire them at about 5-6 years old and keep the old one as a spare....it reduces the chance of pump failure when you least need it!

Cheers

Gareth