BMC 1.5

Darren72

Featured Posts

If I were you I'd ignore it for now, but pay close attention for other symptoms emerging.

E.G. changes in starting behaviour, changes in running temperature, different exhaust colour and any subtle changes in the sound it makes when running.

MtB

P.S. do you happen to know what size prop you have?

If I were you I'd ignore it for now, but pay close attention for other symptoms emerging.

E.G. changes in starting behaviour, changes in running temperature, different exhaust colour and any subtle changes in the sound it makes when running.

MtB

P.S. do you happen to know what size prop you have?

Likely 14 x 14

CT

What does the size of the prop matter Mike?

He's doing some research for a bit of a project he has on. He's already asked about the size of the prop on Tawny

I think he's going to re engine Reginald for the BCN challenge

Richard

He's doing some research for a bit of a project he has on. He's already asked about the size of the prop on Tawny

And absolutely NO-ONE I've asked knows what blade they have!

I think he's going to re engine Reginald for the BCN challenge

SSSSHHHHHHHH you promised not to tell anyone....

MtB

17x13 then,just testing your reflexes!

So if 17 x 13 suits a 2:1 reduction box, what size blade would you fit if the same boat with the same engine had a 3:1 reduction gear?

MtB

P.S. I ask because I'm staggered by the answer I get using the prop-sizing programs...

So if 17 x 13 suits a 2:1 reduction box, what size blade would you fit if the same boat with the same engine had a 3:1 reduction gear?

MtB

P.S. I ask because I'm staggered by the answer I get using the prop-sizing programs...

I have some experience of a boat with a BMC 1.5 and a 3:1 box. The owner thought it was slow because he didn't like to rev it. If I revved the nuts off it, it went very well. Fit a 2:1

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I've just taken my washing in because its started to rain here. While I was out there I measured my prop and its 9'x6''wooden, it keeps my line nice and taught in the middle and stops my washing dragging in the dirt. I dropped a peg in the dark.

Truth is,MtB answered your query in his first reply,he wants to explore the Dark art of propeller sizing!

CT

Quite so. Discussion forums work by 'peer review'. If any of the knowledgable peeps currently reading this thread disagreed with or had anything to add to my answer to the OP in Post No 2, they will post.

The fact that no-one has anything additional to say suggests there is consensus and the OP has a broadly complete answer.

No doubt RLWP will write war and peace on the subject of a dot of oil in the coolant now!

MtB

Huh? Keep an eye on it

Richard

HAY, that's what I said too!

MtB

I have some experience of a boat with a BMC 1.5 and a 3:1 box. The owner thought it was slow because he didn't like to rev it. If I revved the nuts off it, it went very well. Fit a 2:1

Richard

I know that's the right answer, but I'm trying to spend about £50 on the project, not £1500. Hence exploring a blade change!

MtB