Log burner

locostmike

Featured Posts

Hi Folks,

In windy weather, I get frequent gusts of wind that blow smoke back down the chimney and can fill the boat. I have a raised "hat" cover over the chimney and wondered if this contributes to the problem or your general thoughts on not getting smoked

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Folks,

In windy weather, I get frequent gusts of wind that blow smoke back down the chimney and can fill the boat. I have a raised "hat" cover over the chimney and wondered if this contributes to the problem or your general thoughts on not getting smoked

Many thanks

Mike

I found that getting a longer twin wall chimney, (insulated the gap with rockwool to keep the gases hot), solved that problem

I made a large H chimney using 1 metre of cheap steel ventilation ducting and 3 tees slotted together. cost overall about £45 that includes the 1 metre vertical part. All made from 150mm spiral wound ducting which slips tightly over the outside of the collar. I don't burn wood at the moment so no problem with creosote to worry about. It will probably rot out in a year or two but it wasn't expensive really and its nice not to get downdraught.

Stopped the downdraught problems I was getting (moored by high buildings)