Xenon Wall Spot Lights

mark99

Featured Posts

I've got 12v wall spot lamps but the on/off rocker switches are hopeless - switches are slack and it's a lottery whether they work or not - examination shows the plastic switches are the cheapest pile of far eastern crap ever to reach these shores.

Looking for replacement - anyone used these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161223648855?var=460274627094&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The switch at least looks solid.

Edited by mark99

They are 20W (2 x 10W G4) and whilst the light output may be better than an ordinary 20W incandescent I would look

at LEDs first, unless you have some pressing need or dislike of LEDs, I suspect you'd get more light from 7W - 10W LEDs.

springy

I've got 12v wall spot lamps but the on/off rocker switches are hopeless - switches are slack and it's a lottery whether they work or not - examination shows the plastic switches are the cheapest pile of far eastern crap ever to reach these shores.

Looking for replacement - anyone used these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161223648855?var=460274627094&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The switch at least looks solid.

I have one of these in brass colour over my bed. It's been there for 16yrs and still functions like new. The only difference is, mine has a twist switch and not a toggle. The only thing I have changed is the bulb, to an LED

I would have thought the brass effect would have cost more than chrome (yuk!) but there you go.

Edited by Androo

I have one of these in brass colour over my bed. It's been there for 16yrs and still functions like new. The only difference is, mine has a twist switch and not a toggle. The only thing I have changed is the bulb, to an LED

I would have thought the brass effect would have cost more than chrome (yuk!) but there you go.

To achieve a good chrome finish, (I understand that) one chromes a well-finished brass item :)

To achieve a good chrome finish, (I understand that) one chromes a well-finished brass item smile.png

Close...

My first proper job was working in an electroplating factory.

The first step (after polishing the brass to a mirror finish) is to electroplate a flash coat of copper onto the brass in the copper vats. the energy consumption is phenomenal! Remove from the copper baths and dip in the rinse bath. Next, a good coat of nickel is applied in the nickel baths then rinse again, then the last stage is to apply the chromium plate in the third, restricted chrome area of the electroplating factory. I wasn't allowed in there as I was under 18. H&S rules even back then. Chrome electrolyte is DANGEROUS, apparently!

MtB

P.S. My bike looked FANTASTIC by the time I left that job!