Gas bombing creature infestation...?

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

Boric Acid Powder can kill some insects/spiders when they walk through it. BAP needs to be used in a dry area that is unseen, but it can be a good prophylactic if you have dark, dry corners where spiders like to congregate.

Obviously "prophylactic" doesn't mean the same in the states as it does here laugh.png

Obviously "prophylactic" doesn't mean the same in the states as it does here laugh.png

it sounds like both stop the blighters from procreating by one means or another, so maybe it does mean the same thing.

:lol:

We used an electronic/ultrasonic repellent thing. Requires 240V AC and you need to leave it on all the time.

Doesn't completely get rid of spiders, but they don't like it. bought on 28day-return-if-you-don't-like deal - after a week on board the wife and stepson refused to let me unplug the devices.

I'll try and find the make that we bought.

The effectiveness is a bit restricted by the room they are in; we found that there would be no spiders near the device, but the adjacent room (toilet/washroom) still got lots of spiders.

tried all sorts of those types of things over the years. In fact I think the current one has cobwebs on it.

:blink:

LOL - No, it means condoms here too.

But prophylactic also means "preventative in a protective manner"

Personally, I've let the word slip into my lexicon simply because it irritates the hell out of tea baggers. As a rule, the rabid right-wingers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and it's fun to watch their heads go "pop" (figuratively, of course) when they think somebody might be trying to avoid procreation.

• Greenie 1

Paul G., on 27 Feb 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:

LOL - No, it means condoms here too.

But prophylactic also means "preventative in a protective manner"

Personally, I've let the word slip into my lexicon simply because it irritates the hell out of tea baggers. As a rule, the rabid right-wingers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and it's fun to watch their heads go "pop" (figuratively, of course) when they think somebody might be trying to avoid procreation.

you are welcome on my boat for a brew anytimeclapping.gif

it sounds like both stop the blighters from procreating by one means or another, so maybe it does mean the same thing.

laugh.png

Actually, I think what it does is clog their breathing apparati and suffocate them. Whether the blighters are in the mood for a shag as they gasp their last breaths is something I'll let you sort out.

cheers.gif

What's a "tea bagger"?

A Tea Bagger is a member/supporter of the Tea Party. They are the party that now controls the US House of Representatives. They are the people that have played with our debt limit, and brought the world economy to the brink, in failed attempts to have our new health care reform overturned. They are the folks that want us to invade Syria and Iran. They are the people who would deny equal rights to homosexuals, and anyone else who didn't fit into their narrow-minded, fundamentalist view of how things should be.

They are the American Talibangelicals. The fact that they have become a political force in this country is why I am leaving it.

The source of the name: On December 16, 1773, American revolutionaries boarded an East India Co. ship and threw its cargo of tea overboard into Boston Harbor. This was on of the iconic acts precipitating our Revolutionary War. The rabid right wingers that comprise the modern Tea Party movement like to equate themselves to the founders of our country. At their original gatherings, participants dressed in 1700's garb and many of them hung tea bags from their tri-corner hats, in reference to the defiance of those who did the Boston Tea Party thing back in 1773.

a right wing political movement in the states, that tends to attract the more radical side of the conservative movement

Teabagger has a COMPLETELY different meaning to me. judge.gif But maybe I move in some dubious circles...

A Tea Bagger is a member/supporter of the Tea Party. They are the party that now controls the US House of Representatives. They are the people that have played with our debt limit, and brought the world economy to the brink, in failed attempts to have our new health care reform overturned. They are the folks that want us to invade Syria and Iran. They are the people who would deny equal rights to homosexuals , and anyone else who didn't fit into their narrow-minded, fundamentalist view of how things should be.

They are the American Talibangelicals. The fact that they have become a political force in this country is why I am leaving it.

The source of the name: On December 16, 1773, American revolutionaries boarded an East India Co. ship and threw its cargo of tea overboard into Boston Harbor. This was on of the iconic acts precipitating our Revolutionary War. The rabid right wingers that comprise the modern Tea Party movement like to equate themselves to the founders of our country. At their original gatherings, participants dressed in 1700's garb and many of them hung tea bags from their tri-corner hats, in reference to the defiance of those who did the Boston Tea Party thing back in 1773.

And therein lies the irony of the definition of a teabagger that I'm aware of laugh.pngblush.pngbanned.gif

Edited by BlueStringPudding

laugh.png

tried all sorts of those types of things over the years. In fact I think the current one has cobwebs on it.

blink.png

I'll have to wait until I get on the barge to check, can't find the brand online. The ones we had definitely helped,

A Tea Bagger is a member/supporter of the Tea Party. They are the party that now controls the US House of Representatives. They are the people that have played with our debt limit, and brought the world economy to the brink, in failed attempts to have our new health care reform overturned. They are the folks that want us to invade Syria and Iran. They are the people who would deny equal rights to homosexuals, and anyone else who didn't fit into their narrow-minded, fundamentalist view of how things should be.

Thanks for the explanation Paul

So besides them being ultra conservative in their political thinking, are they also christian fundamentalists?