Tool kit and spares for liveaboard

DaveGood

Featured Posts

angry.png Weed hatch gasket or is it a seal goes between cover and inspection hole flange to my mind it is a gasket ? fatigue.gif

Ours is 5mm thick Neoprene rubber strip about 50mm wide, we have quite a lot of this a spares too in various widths and thickness. Really handy stuff, it makes really good door & window draft excluder too, much better than the standard draft excluder. Can also be used for refitting portholes/windows & other fittings.

angry.png Weed hatch gasket or is it a seal goes between cover and inspection hole flange to my mind it is a gasket ? fatigue.gif

gasket or seal i dont know.my point was to keep some spare in your toolbox for such times.

Ours is 5mm thick Neoprene rubber strip about 50mm wide, we have quite a lot of this a spares too in various widths and thickness. Really handy stuff, it makes really good door & window draft excluder too, much better than the standard draft excluder. Can also be used for refitting portholes/windows & other fittings.

i got a big roll of this stuff in a builders providers.they use it on joists under floors for sound proofing.works a treat for a fraction of the price that chandlers were charging.