onroute to view a few n/b

tjderby

Featured Posts

Yeah I think that's what it is. He was very posh lol. Nice enough chap but I think my offer is fair since the boat requires a little attention. And blacking lol. The broker was happy to say that I could do a list of things I wanted doing to the boat and they could do it lol.

Yeah I think that's what it is. He was very posh lol. Nice enough chap but I think my offer is fair since the boat requires a little attention. And blacking lol. The broker was happy to say that I could do a list of things I wanted doing to the boat and they could do it lol.

I'd say that if the broker offers to have the blacking done as part of the deal, then he won't have it done properly but will do a one-coat above-the-waterline job. That's not from my experience of this broker or even boat-buying, but from buying trucks, if you beat the seller down in a deal which includes having work carried out then he will have it carried out as cheaply as possible.

Personally I'd do a deal based on near asking price but with a year's mooring thrown in.

A posh broker, who puts of potential sales, who offers to do blacking,

and offers that he can do some bits on the boat that needs doing, it nice to be helpful.

No charge of course

sounds like a blinding bloke, you sure his a broker!!!

anyway have you put a offer in yet to survey

you sound so excited let us know how's it going

looks a nice boat

col

The offers going in tomorrow. Due to the brokerage being closed lol. And the offer of work was of cause with fees lol. As for mooring I have a mooring in Nottinghamshire. I don't mind paying for the blacking myself providing the offer I put in is accepted lol

To save an additional lift out / lift in charge see if you can get the blacking done whilst the boat is out for the survey, Try and arrange with the seller so that if it fails the survey, they pay for the blacking, if it 'passes' you pay - as no doubt the surveyor will find something to 'negotiate' on

Could save you a couple of hundred £s

There are times in a negotiation where you stop pushing, leave the seller with the thought that he has 'got something' otherwise its 'spit in the soup time' (keep sending the soup back to the kitchen complaining and eventually it will come back with 'additions')

Lol yeah well if all's good with the survey then the hull will be blacked straight after. The surveyor who did the bsc had to take a 2nd look cause he said he's never surveyed a boat and not found anything wrong lol. She's a really good boat. She needs a little repair around one window cause of a previous leak.

The offers going in tomorrow. Due to the brokerage being closed lol. And the offer of work was of cause with fees lol. As for mooring I have a mooring in Nottinghamshire. I don't mind paying for the blacking myself providing the offer I put in is accepted lol

Good luck with your offer, hope it's accepted, Annie May does look very nice. As you said to me, it's your first choice so go for it.

Jamescheers.gif

It's the best time to buy a boat. Get good deal in winter.

I'm not budging on my price I want to pay so if it doesn't get accepted then I put an offer on miss behave.

All the very best tj, I know too well the excitement your feeling right now - I hope your offer is accepted and all goes well with the survey. :)

The Marina we're at, sold 10 boats in the last month, 3 this past weekend! Looks like sales are on the rise at present

I saw a post on here a while ago that theorised (is that a word?) that sentiment in the boat market lagged behind that in the house market by six months IIRC. Sounds about right as it's turned out. It was July/August that houses started to sell in my neck of the woods, and prices started to increase.

I'm getting the impression that the boat market is starting to come alive. If it follows the housing market, there might be a shift from a buyers to a sellers market come the spring. The signs are there, I think.

It's the best time to buy a boat. Get good deal in winter.

I'm not budging on my price I want to pay so if it doesn't get accepted then I put an offer on miss behave.

"Take it or leave it", "My way or the highway" are not real good negotiating techniques. Allow room in your offer for the seller to come back with a counter-offer.

When you are comparing the two boats, make sure to make up a list and compare the true cost of the boats, not just the sales price. Buying inverters and batteries and solar panels and calorifiers and so on forever and ever can all add up, so make sure you do a good comparison of the equipment on both boats.

Then go for Annie May and it doesn't matter how much more it costs than the other because it's the one you want. If that means you have to work a little harder or do without some other stuff, make the sacrifice! In the end, you'll glad you did. The price difference isn't all that huge. Go with your heart! (If you need to justify it with your head, convince yourself the resale value will be higher. That's what I always do.)

Good Luck!

Edited by Paul G.

Yeah Annie may is where my heart lies. Fell in love with her. But the broker as advised her to not be to hasty and wait till after Easter so I don't know how much I'd get off her.

that sounds like a pretty good sales technique to me, putting the onus on you to seal the deal